24. I'm Mary Poppins Ya'll

Kev slowed as he approached the last few ships in the grand ship bridge. There were only a few more and he wasn't really ready to enter the cluster yet. If there was infighting and human on human violence, he wanted a slightly different weapon set. Axes were excellent for cutting down the morankai like sapling, but if you got shot from 1000 feet away, that axe wasn't going to help for shit. Kev wasn't sure he wanted to test the effectiveness of either his shield or his armor compared to the weapons provided by The Shop. He had almost ten thousand points, a great amount of points for the first layer, so he could afford to go shopping himself. Kevin gave Kev plenty in the ring, but Kev needed some other things.

Kev bought a good .45 caliber handgun and a submachine gun. Surprisingly, the shop had a silencer you could purchase for each and Kevin did. If he was going into a warzone, then Kev was going to go fit to fight humans. Kev didn't have enough points for any shield worth buying if he was going to fight morankai, let alone abnormals. But if he was going to fight humans, almost any shield would do when he pushed his shield energy into it. A higher quality shield would still be better, but eh, he was on a budget.

He pulled out the sniper rifle and went on the roof. The team had done a great job clearing morankai, but not as good on the beginning part of the bridge. Kev had to kill a few when he first passed them, and more today but he had done so quietly and was now sitting in the cab of some sort of cargo ship. There were morankai between him and the skyscraper but he wasn't worried about them.

Kev peered through the scope of the rifle. He saw two men sitting on the balcony of the skyscraper that met the bow of the ship bridge. They looked somewhat relaxed, but they kept glancing at the morankai on the bridge. It didn't appear that any morankai were near them besides those on the bridge. This would have been a lot easier if Kev had the Cloud Step shoes but whatever, Kevin probably needed them more.

Kev considered just killing the men, but that seemed unnecessary if he could sneak in or get in through any other means. Why create an unnecessary advisory even if they are falling into prison rules. With the dark came Kev's options. He snuck forward as quietly as he could, he killed a few morankai, but it turns out that if you can sneak up on them and throw them overboard fast enough, they won't make a sound.

The grass wasn't deep enough to result in their deaths, but the fall did kill a few. The rest just tried getting back to the city as far as Kev could tell. That was one part of the distraction. The guards noticed the morankai walking to the city out of the dark. It made them vigilant but it also made them look down.

Kev got to the cruise liner that entered the cluster, which made it easy to sneak all the way up to the edge. Kev had thrown all the morankai to the port, the left side of the ship. So Kev went to the starboard or right side to carry out the rest of his plan. Kev pulled a light silk handkerchief from his pocket and tossed it off the side of the ship. He watched for a moment as it drifted towards the city on the ever present breeze coming off the grasslands. The ship bridge acting as a barrier, pushed the wind a little more directly towards the side of the cluster.

Kev started to chuckle as he went into The Shop and bought a really big umbrella. He had to hold back his laughter as he positioned himself on the railing of the ship. He opened the umbrella. He started to cackle as he activated Light Heavy to make himself as light as possible. He pushed himself off the big ass boat.

Kev whispered to himself "I'm Mary Poppins Ya'll" as the umbrella caught his extremely lightened weight, drifting on the breeze. He started to float down and towards the city. As he approached the outside perimeter of the cluster, Kev slowly modified his mass with Light Heavy to bring himself down just a little faster, aiming for a landing zone as best he could. He adjusted himself until finally, light as you please, his feet touched down on a sidewalk right next to a building. Kev took a leisurely pace, without a care in the world as he approached the entrance to the skyscraper he had just landed next to. It was perhaps a little foolish, but he was playing the part, with a huge grin on his face.