18. I'm Kev

For the remainder of the day, Kevin ran, killing morankia as he had the first leg of this journey, but not going especially out of his way for it. He stopped that night, deciding that he needed a real night's sleep. He was absolutely exhausted, rung out like a wet rag. He couldn't afford a nap after the day he had. He mourned the lost time, but his strength had been flagging since the fight that morning on the aircraft carrier. He was certain that his pace was closer to an average of 10 miles per hour today than the likely near 15 from yesterday.

Kevin hoped that a good night's rest would give him the strength he needed to get a solid 15 miles per hour. If he didn't make it to the end of the bridge by tomorrow then ... well he didn't know what he'd do, he'd have to cross that bridge when ... well he was already crossing the bridge that was the bloody fucking problem. Kevin shook his head, clearing it of the fog of fatigue and cleared what looked like a large whaling vessel of all the morankai on board.

He found a cabin towards the top. He checked the water, unlike in the cities, the water and electricity on the boats didn't seem to work. It was no different here and so Kevin opened The Shop drink menu, purchased several large bottles of water and gave himself a bit of a sponge bath. Bought more clothes from the shop, deciding these ones were wore out enough. He got dressed in his pretty typical spandex athleticwear and then he settled down to checked his status again.

Status: Name Kevin Moses
Points: 107,129
Race: Human
Soul Quality: ✪
Age: 20
Stats: Strength: 150
Endurance: 127
Recovery: 88
Soul: 31

Abilities: 6/8
Soul Tracker
Ki Cultivator Earth Tier (Middle)
Basic Shield Mastery (5/5)
Intermediate Axe Mastery (1/5)
Ceaseless Mind
Conqueror's Spoils (Uses Remaining: 1)

His point value was still going up. That was extremely pleasing to see. The barest whisper of a plan started to settle around Kevin, but he didn't want to get his hopes too high yet, he needed to know what his new level cap was.

He ate a Thanksgiving Dinner amount of food, despite the nerves of trying to cross this damnedable bridge and make it to Katie. Exhausted from nearly two full days of constant running and fighting, Kevin drank his recovery potion, huddled up under his tower shield and fell asleep.

The next day Kevin awoke to his early morning alarms feeling refreshed and ready to go. He opened The Shop and pulled out a carb heavy breakfast including drinking a pretty thick wheat beer The Shop oddly provided.

He was feeling sore but generally pretty good, so he topped off breakfast with yet another recovery potion, and a low-tier healing pill. He went through a stretch routine to help get him ready for more running and more fighting. It was the longest half hour of his life, but he wanted to be sharp and true to form today.

While he stretched he checked his stats again. Kevin routinely worked out so hard that his stats would grow while he recovered during a good sleep. Rest was sometimes just as important as the work after all.

Status: Name Kevin Moses
Points: 107,129
Race: Human
Soul Quality: ✪
Age: 20
Stats: Strength: 150
Endurance: 127-128
Recovery: 88
Soul: 31

Abilities: 6/8
Soul Tracker
Ki Cultivator Earth Tier (Middle)
Basic Shield Mastery (5/5)
Intermediate Axe Mastery (1/5)
Ceaseless Mind
Conqueror's Spoils (Uses Remaining: 1)

Somewhat unsurprisingly, his endurance stat had gone up. Kevin grunted with satisfaction, Kevin bounced on the balls of his feet as he opened the door to the cabin he had stayed in. He immediately got hit in the face.

If Kevin's strength stat hadn't been two times higher than the average normal morankai, that blow might have killed him, as it was it only surprised him and left him flat footed. The morankai came in swinging and Kevin ducked under the blow with a slip and then retaliated with a heavy hook into the creature's stomach, it took a step back to correct its balance and Kevin followed it with a step and hook across its chin. The morankia's head jerked violently and it swung at Kevin with a backhand swing. Kevin slipped under the blow and hit the creature with two lightning fast jabs to the stomach again. The creature took two steps back and then lunged at Kevin with an overhand blow. Kevin stepped into the attack and took the arm over his shoulder using the morankias momentum and his own to hip toss the creature to its back with a loud thud. He held fast to the long arm of the creature and kicked down onto its head as hard as he could while pulling up on the limb. The creature's neck broke and it flopped bonelessly to the cabin floor.