Chapter 004 (2)

With a bag of pine cones tied around her waist, Mei Lin noticed that no one else was approaching, and then quickly slid down the tree, trying to find a place to hide. Unexpectedly, as soon as her feet touched the ground, a chuckle suddenly sounded from behind. She froze and turned around slowly.

At some point, Makino Luomei stood on a rock not far away, holding a crossbow pointed at her.

"Sure enough, it's not easy. You can avoid this general's men." The contemptuous tone and murderous intent cannot be ignored.

Mei Lin smiled bitterly, knowing that it was impossible for her to resist in front of this woman now, so she simply sat on the ground leaning against the tree, and couldn't help but lament her ruined martial arts again.

"General Mei, you can kill me if you want. I don't want to run away either." She smiled a little, her laughter full of sarcasm, "You are a great general and a great hero, and you have come to play tricks on us who have nothing to do with you. A person with a low status and ability to resist is really very capable.”

With these words, Makino Luomei's face turned red and white, and murderous intent flashed in her eyes. However, the crossbow in her hand dropped, and she sneered: "For a spy, do I, the general, need to pay attention to benevolence, justice and courtesy... Humph, if not you women, how could Jing He end up like this?" She said the last sentence with gritted teeth. Obviously, this was the real reason why she wanted to kill Mei Lin.

Meilin smiled, feeling that this reason really made people feel innocent, and spread her hands helplessly: "There is no excuse for the crime of rape. The most favoured people in Prince Jinghe's house are definitely not the slaves. If the general really thinks about the prince, why not marry him directly? If you marry him, you can directly restrain him. What's more, with the prince's feelings for the general, how can he put his thoughts on other women at that time." She moved the question away from Jian De without any trace, after all, no matter whether the other party has evidence or not, it is not a good thing for her.

Makino Luomei didn't know if she was aroused, her sharp eyes that were originally like thorns piercing her back softened slightly, as if she was considering her words, but when she came back to her senses, she suddenly saw her eyes looking straight behind her, raised her eyebrows, and her hand held her crossbow was raised again. "Stop being delusional, Jing He is not here. Even if he is here, he can't stop me from killing you."

Mei Lin once again felt that her whole body was enveloped by murderous aura, and her back involuntarily stiffened, but on the surface she still looked frustrated. She raised her hand to press her eyes, and the man who was indifferent to her pleading appeared in front of her eyes, and her heart skipped a beat. She shrank back and said with a self-deprecating smile: "I don't dare to hope for that. The prince wants to please the general, so how can she stop him." She was obviously gentle and loving one moment, but turned merciless the next moment. That man was an eye-opener for her. Compared with him, the head instructors in the secret factory are simply inferior.

Apparently because of her words, she remembered the scene in the morning. Makino Luomei suddenly felt better. She flipped her wrist, held the crossbow vertically at the side of her leg, and said with a smile: "If you kneel down and beg me, I might consider letting you go, once."

Although there was obvious insult and contempt, Mei Lin was not angry. She smiled silently and put down her hand covering her eyes, "General Mei leads thousands of armies. Naturally, she sticks to her word and will not regret what she says." As she said that, without giving Makino Luomei a chance to repent and argue, she stood up, then solemnly knelt down and kowtowed several times.

"General Mei, you are a hero among women, a heroine. Please spare my life."

Makino Luomei had never seen someone who was greedy for life and fearful of death, but she had never encountered someone as shameless as Mei Lin, who was too lazy to even try to save face. It's just that she couldn't take back the words she said. She was stunned and felt as if a breath was stuck in her chest. Not only did she not feel the pleasure of trampling people under her feet, she also felt so suffocated that she wanted to let it out. .

However, her reaction was quite quick. With a move of her wrist, two arrows came out of the crossbow and were shot on the left shoulder and right leg of Mei Lin who was about to stand up, causing her to kneel and fall to the ground again.

"I only said I would let you go once, but I didn't say I would let you escape unscathed." Makino Luomei said calmly, but her expression could not conceal the pride of winning the game.

Mei Lin knelt on the ground, lowering her head and waiting for the severe pain in her shoulders and legs to subside. She didn't know if she heard what the other party said. It wasn't until the dizziness caused by severe pain and fatigue passed that she held on to the big pine tree next to her and climbed up from the ground again.

"I thank the general for not killing me." She raised her head and glanced at Makino Luomei calmly, then limped deeper into the forest.

Makino Luomei froze on the spot, looking at her back getting further and further away, those dark eyes repeatedly reappeared in her mind, and suddenly she couldn't remember why she wanted to target a woman who didn't know martial arts like this.

If you think the novel is very exciting, please vote and share it with your friends. Thank you for your support!