Chapter 015 Furious Part 2

Mei Lin knelt there and didn't get up for a long time. It wasn't until the sky gradually dimmed and footsteps came from outside that she came back to her senses, smiled to herself, grabbed the chair he had been sitting on, and slowly climbed up. People have been walking for too long, and the chairs have already become cold. The fire in the charcoal basin has only a flickering light because no one has added charcoal. The room is as cold as an ice cave.

She rubbed her cold hands and was sneezing. The maid who had served and looked after her these past few days came in with dinner. Seeing that the charcoal fire was about to go out, she quickly put the tray with food on the table and added a few more piece of charcoals and the fire was lit again.

"The girl's voice is broken, but her hands are not. Can't you even add a piece of charcoal? When you get frostbite, you don't have to involve me, a little slave, in the disaster." The maid was not a real servant of the palace, but was responsible for her. Murong Jinghe’s safe Ming Guard had a higher status than the Dead Soldiers and the Dark Guard, so they were sent by Qing Yan to serve Mei Lin, and they were always dissatisfied. 

Although they dare not neglect food and clothing, sarcastic remarks are inevitable. It's just that the person who reported Mei Lin's daily work was from the same department as her and had some conflicts on weekdays. Naturally, she would not tell Murong Jinghe about this.

Mei Lin ignored her and went straight to get a bowl and start eating.

The maid said a few words about both yin and yang. Seeing that Mei Lin was unmoved, she became even more angry. When she saw the slap marks on that beautiful face, she immediately curled up her lips and smiled.

"Hey, girl, what's on your face... could it be that you're bored and just playing around? Or..." She rolled her eyes and thought of a possibility, and couldn't help but feel happy, "I still feel sorry for you..."

Mei Lin's hand holding the bowl tightened, and the next moment, she had smashed it out.

The maid knew martial arts, Mei Lin didn't expect to hit her, she just wanted to shut her up. Unexpectedly, the maid did avoid the bowl and the rice in her haste, but she did not avoid a sudden slap.

Along with the shattering sound of the lost bowl hitting the wall, there was also the crisp sound of a palm hitting the face. Then, there was a suffocating silence.

Mei Lin looked at Qing Yan's unhappy face and slowly put down her empty left hand, trying to show a grateful smile. Unexpectedly, the corners of her lips were raised, but her eyes were first covered with a layer of mist. She was so shocked that she hurriedly turned her face away and tried hard to swallow the sudden choking feeling in her throat.

Qing Yan did not look at her, but looked coldly at the shivering woman kneeling on the ground, "Ditang will take over your job. Go to the Punishment Department to receive your punishment yourself-" He deliberately dragged out the word ’punishment’. The long and rising voice of disdain unique to a chamberlain is a sign of majesty that cannot be violated.

The dark factory where Mei Lin came from did not belong to the same organization as the overt and dark guards, so naturally she did not know what was going on with their punishment department, but when she saw the maid's pale face, she knew that it was definitely not a good place to go. However, even so, no voice begging for mercy was heard, which shows how powerful Qing Yan is in the hearts of these people.

After the maid left, Qing Yan turned to Mei Lin. At this moment, his expression had returned to normal, and he even had a sincere smile on his face.

"I will ask someone to bring another dinner for the girl." He said calmly, and then walked out.