Chapter 005 (2)

The rain stopped at noon, but the wind still carried moisture, which made the body feel chilly. The two stopped by a stream to rest and eat.

Mei Lin walked aside, separated Yue Qin's sight and cleaned her wounds by the water. She applied the rough medicine she found along the way and re-bandaged it with a clean cloth. She drank two more sips of water and looked up inadvertently. Sky's expression suddenly changed.

"Boy, hide." As she spoke, she hurriedly retreated into the dense forest next to her.

Yue Qin didn't understand what happened, but he had become accustomed to listening to Mei Lin's words all the way. He dragged Murong Jinghe and hid in the woods without even thinking about it.

Meilin moved to their side, being careful not to disturb the surrounding shrubs, and looked up at the sky through the gaps between the branches and leaves.

"Sister, what's wrong?" Yue Qin also looked up.

A black dot hovered under the lead-grey clouds. Suddenly it swooped down and shot toward their hiding place like lightning. Just as Yue Qin screamed in surprise, it suddenly settled on the forest tops, a few feet high, showing that green-grey strong and beautiful figure, the golden eyes shining with sharp and cold light staring at them, but it was Murong Xuanlie's sea holly. Then without waiting for the two of them to react, they flew high into the sky again, drawing circles around the dense forest where they were.

Mei Lin cursed lowly and said with an ugly face: "We've been discovered, get out of here quickly."

Yue Qin tightened his grip on the horizontal stick on the pergola, arched his body, and burrowed into the forest like a frightened calf. Mei Lin followed closely, no longer caring about covering up the traces. However, no matter how fast they increased their speed, the fierce bird kept hovering above their heads, indicating their whereabouts to their owners in the distance.

Meilin had an injury on her leg, and the running was already too much, so she quickly stopped the young man who was dragging people in front of her and was panting from exhaustion.

"This won't work. Someone will catch up soon." She said, then stepped forward and untied the vine rope slung across the boy's chest.

Yue Qin's somewhat pale lips moved, but she raised her hand to stop him, "We don't have much time, listen to me."

"You go forward from here and follow the direction of the stream for a while. Be careful." As she said this, she used a dagger to cut off the softer branches of the shrubs beside her, and quickly made a round hat full of green leaves. She put it on the boy's head and said, "Then go out of the forest and dive into the stream, trying to lean on the side with more shelter..." At this point, she paused and asked, "Can you swim?"

Yue Qin nodded and opened his lips to speak, but Mei Lin did not give him a chance.

"Then you go along the stream. As long as no one is catching up, don't change the direction." As she said that, she straightened the boy's clothes that could barely cover his body, and removed the exposed skin that was raised by the cold wind. She blocked it and tied it tightly with a rattan rope. "Don't rush on your way after landing. Follow the method I used before to deal with the path you have taken. Don't leave any traces. Do you understand?"

Yue Qin shook his head, his mouth still closed tightly, but his eye circles were already red.

"Come on, you will drag me down if you stay here." Mei Lin frowned and pushed him downstream of the stream, seeming very angry.

Unexpectedly, the young man burst into tears and did not leave, but he did not dare to approach her.

Meilin didn't want to see anyone crying, so she stopped folding, sighed, walked over, put her arms around Yue Qin's neck, and let his forehead rest on her uninjured shoulder. He was a small man, so his posture didn't look weird.

"Okay, sister doesn't dislike you." This was the first time she admitted this title. When Yue Qin heard it, he couldn't help crying louder, and even his shoulders began to twitch.

Mei Lin didn't know whether to laugh or cry, but she felt inexplicably sad, mixed with another unknown emotion, which made her soften her tone.

"Is it a girl? She loves to cry so much."

This sentence had an effect. Yue Qin suddenly stopped talking and only slapped himself once or twice from time to time, which made him look even more pitiful.

Mei Lin sighed, knowing that there was no way to convince him to leave first without sufficient reasons.

"Yue Qin, we must separate, otherwise we will be stared at by the flat-haired beast above and no one can leave. You go first, and I will come later."

"Sister, you go first, I have to drag this big Yan man." Before she could finish speaking, Yue Qin had already raised his head, took off the hat made of branches and leaves on his head, and put it on her head.

Meilin took a step back and said in displeased: "Are you so stupid, will you wait for them to kill you before you come after me?" Then before the expression of grievance appeared on the young man's face again, he laughed: "Sister, I am alone. There are ways to prevent people from discovering me, and I'm not from South Vietnam, so they won't do anything to me." Probably thinking of the young man's concern for Murong Jinghe, he added: "Don't worry, this big Yan man won't do anything to me. No matter, I will watch those people take him back and leave, and then come to you."

Before Yue Qin could think about the inconsistency, she quickly continued: "When you go out, wait for me in the big city closest to Zhaojing. Let's see who gets there first." As she said that, she pulled up the pergola. She was dragged on the rope to the stream outside the forest.

Yue Qin stared at her back blankly, wanting to step forward to help, but knew that doing so would definitely make her angry. Just when he was hesitating, Mei Lin shouted again without looking back: "Quickly go! What a manly man!"

Yue Qin's body shook violently, he whimpered, put on his rough hat, turned around and ran away. It took him a while to recover slightly, and he tried his best to walk towards the lush forest, letting the branches and leaves hide his figure. He just ran and cried, his vision was blurry, he tripped and fell several times, he was extremely embarrassed.

***

Because the two were separated, the sea holly didn't know which way to follow. It was really busy in the sky for a while, and finally gave up tracking because Yue Qin's figure disappeared from sight, and only kept a close eye on the two people parked by the stream. 

Mei Lin sat there, took out a few pieces of snake meat from her arms, then rinsed her mouth with water, and picked a few pieces of fragrant grass nearby and put them into her mouth to chew carefully. She felt that she could almost hear the sound of clothes breaking in the wind coming this way, but she also knew that it was just an illusion. With her current ability, her hearing could not be that sensitive.

She doesn’t know whether it was because of the cold or other reasons, but Murong Jinghe’s face looked worse than in the morning, with more blue and less white, which made people doubt that he would be out of breath in the next moment.

Mei Lin thought for a while, then stepped forward to untie the rope that tied him tightly to the shelf, thinking that if he woke up, he would not die innocently because he could not move. She didn't like him and had no intention of saving him, but she didn't hate him enough to want him dead.

Yes, she did not intend to really wait until someone found him as she promised Yue Qin before leaving. She didn't want to die.

Thinking of the resentment in Makino Luomei's eyes, she couldn't help but shudder. She felt that Yue Qin had almost dived into the stream, so she got up and ran in the opposite direction.

Before she even lifted her foot, her ankle tightened and someone grabbed her, causing her to almost fall.

"Take me with you." A hoarse voice with a tone that could not be refused.

Meilin was shocked, lowered her head, and met the eyes of Murong Jinghe.

If you think the novel is very exciting, please vote and share it with your friends. Thank you for your support!