4

"baby watchu doing?" sa'niyah walks out the door, and covers up her two peice with an animal printed coat.

"drawing, I learn in school" esmari spoke, while colouring in her dress with a pink coloured pencil.

"watchu drawing?"

"me and my friend"

"you made a new friend?" sa'niyah said happily, she was happy her daughter was making friends.

"yes" esmari smiled.

"when you finish drawing you have to go sleep okay?" sa'niyah kneeled down at her level and touched her nose with her pointer finger.

"okay mama" esmari looked back on her drawing and continues to draw while she lays her belly flat on the floor with different colour pencils on the ground.

esmari looks up after hearing her the door open, she saw her grandma coming in with grocery bags.

"grama!" esmari stood up and ran to her grandma giving her a huge hug.

"how you doing baby?" he grandma hugged her bag and smiled, seeing her great granddaughter,

"good! Look wha I draw grama!!" esmari said happily while holding her peice of paper.

"that looks beautiful mari, you so creative!"

"hey ma" sa'niyah said making her grandma look at her.

"hey baby.. where u goin?"

"out" her grandma knew what she meant by out and she sighed and walked to the kitchen to unload her groceries.

"niyah"

"yeh?" She looked back at her grandma.

"be safe out dere" although her grandma understood the situation she was in, she would always worry about her granddaughter, she didn't mind helping her but she wanted her granddaughter to do better.

"I know ma, i love y'all" sa'niyah looked back before closing the door behind her and walks downstairs heading to the bustop.

as her bus arrives she gets in and sits at the back as she usually does and places her earplugs inside her ears listening to her all time favourite, Nicki Minaj.

(miss author- mind y'all this book is set in 2013, nicki Minaj was the only artist who I can think of😭😭😭)

few moments later she arrives at her stop, seeing the same people as usual standing at the front of the club, as she gets off the bus she walks towards the entrance going inside the club while taking her jacket off exposing 2 piece.

as she walks through she sees guys looking at her up and down licking their lips, and a few were nodding their heads at her but sa'niyah didn't pay mind.

"was yo name mama?" a drunk mid young guy asked as he grabs her waist from stopping her from where she needed to go.

she pushed his hands off her and made her way to the back room.

"you late again niyah dis the second time!!" her boss held eyeing her.

"you don't hear me talkin to you?" he rages whiles he  her neck tightly while pushing her against the wall and she nodded while she whined through the pain.

"deres gon be some of y'all performance downstairs and some of y'all gon be meeting sum people upstairs, maria, janey, brianna, aliyah, and sa'niyah, they wan y'all l upstairs ight?"

sa'niyah secretly rolled her eyes hearing her name, a part of her wanted to quit prostitutions, she felt disgusted sleeping with random guys jus for money, a part of her needed the money, as this was the only place where she could access money, and needed food on the table everyday for esmari.