19

3:20 PM

"where yo moms at?" Javon asked while drinking his coffee.

"she's not my mum, and I don't know" esmari replied while keeping her eyes on her book.

we talked about this.. I don't wanna hear you say that again you understand?...you understand mari?" he looked over at esmari seeing her not say a word yet eyed him.

"I don't want to call her my mum.." esmari's voice broke , she looked back down reading her book as she clearly wiped her tears.

Javon notice her tears and decided not to go hard on her, although he can be hard on her sometimes, as his own daughter he'll always have a soft spot for her.

"is there sum u not tellin me, I know she can be hard but she wants what's right for you" he spoke. Esmari wanted to spit out the whole deep dark truths about sa'teia, but if she did, what will happen after? will she claim the victory that she always wanted? will it ever come to an end?

deep down she knew Sa'teia wasn't her mother and Esmari wanted answers, she thought her whole life was a lie.

"it's nothin dad, I'm sorry for how I behaved" Esmari spoke she her dad can skip the topic.

"I love you mari"

"love you too dad"

"shit.. I gotta go.. yo moms gon come home later doe ight?" he kissed her forehead before he grabbed his jacket and keys, and left.

As soon as the door closed, Esmari ran to the door and leaned her ear against the door making sure her dad was gone before going inside the room to search for answers.

She closed the door behind her and searched everywhere, she looked under the bed, Sa'tei's wardrope, even their bathroom cabinets but there was nothing.

She kept looking, and looking, but nothing was found, Esmari wanted to give up, she left the room and sat back on her couch sighing.

seeing her dirty bowl on the table she decided to place the scraps in the bin before washing her dish.

As she opens the bin she saw a various of opened mails in the bin and she was curious on wha they had said.

she took a few out of the bin and began reading them, Esmari's eyes widen after reading half way.

Letter 1

2/24/14
Please let me see me daughter, you haven't given me a chance to see my baby, I need to know how she's doing, please sa'teia give her chance to let her see me.

Letter 2

4/6/19
It's been over 5 years now and I haven't seen my daughter?? fuck is wrong with you yo? I need to see my daughter now sa'teia!! Why the fuck are you doing this to me? Please don't hurt her, and you promised me to get me the fuck out of here!, can't even remember how I got here, I hate this shit hole.

Letter 3

6/18/20
I cant believe my baby girl doesn't wanna see my anymore, does she not miss me anymore, why doesn't she wanna see her own mother, please sa'teia, change her mind, I miss my babygirl, it's been too long.

Letter 4

8/2/20
teia they won't release me until you say so! get to me ASAP, I need to leave and see my baby girl, please your my only hope sa'teia.

after Esmari read all the letter she covered her mouth stopping herself from crying, she couldn't believe her real mother was out there yet the hatred she had for sa'teia grow much more.

she knew some of Sa'teia dirty secrets... Sa'teia was the one who hasn't been letting Sa'niyah see her daughter.

little did Esmari know, 13 years ago, Sa'tei took away Esmari from Sa'niyah, which was all a plan, after they took Sa'niyah away she paid the people that were involved taking both of them away and injected Sa'niyah's brain, where she had forgotten last night, but not her memory, whereas Esmari would forget everything and Ace, well nobody knows what happen to him that night, and Sa'teia planned on taking her own sister to nursery home without an explanation, she had stayed for 13 years. sa'teia didn't care about her younger sister, she wanted to keep her there aslong as possible so she never sees her child ever again. Sa'niyah would've stayed with her grandmother, but she unfortunately died, due to someone unplugging the machine....

but all Esmari knew, was that Sa'teia, was a liar, and she was not safe to be near her.

-

2:34 AM

Esmari grabbed her bag that she packed earlier that had her clothes, her other items, food, and her mothers emails. she wore her shoes, and wore her jumper.

she sighed knowing what she's about to do would change everything, but she knew what was for her own good. she slowly opens her door, and walks out the arpartment.

she carefully closed the door and runs away from the apartment, making she would never return again.

deep inside she was scared, she's never done anything like this before, she looked back realising she couldn't see the apartment, and kept her hoodie on making sure nobody would recognise her.

moments later she sat down the bus station, with an old black lady sitting on the left side of the chair.

"where you headin at this time of the night?" the old lady asked as she looked up.

"um... I can't say" esmari looked down.

"you a criminal child?"

"n-no! im.. going back home.."

"was your name is?"

"um esmari"

"well.. where ever you going, be safe out there"
the lady looked at her holding gently grabbing her arm and esmari smiled and nodded.

"this is my bus" esmari got up seeing the bus coming to her direction and looked at the old lady waving her goodbye before entering the bus.

TBC

short ass chapter 😭

how we feelin?

Sorry for spelling mistakes.