6

Omniscient

"bitchh you ate these braids upp!" naomi yelled happily as she touches her cornrows while holding the mirror.

"how much I gotta pay?"

"you dont gotta pay me is cool" sa'niyah shrugged, since naomi was her friend she was happy to do her hair for free.

"fuck no I gotta atleast giv u sumthing" naomi said turning around facing sa'niyah.

"here's a 20"

"naomi das too muc-"

"no it's not too much baby you slayed my hair nicely so you get sum in return" naomi cut her off making sure sa'niyah kept the money, deep inside sa'niyah was happy.

"thank you so much" she smiled.

"you own a salon?" naomi asked.

"nah is jus sum I like to do as a hobby"

"girl if you do other people's hair like this u gon be making bank" naomi said rubbing her fingers together.

"I'll think about it, right now I'm tryna look for job so I can have enough money for me and mari" sa'niyah explained while packing up her hair products away.

"I'm working at a supermarket near brooklyn, I can get you a job if you interested"

"you'd do that?" sa'niyah said happily.

"ofcourse, I'm down to help a sis out with whateva, girl we gon head down an library and print you your resume before we pick up the kids" Naomi pulled her up from the coach as they were ready to go out.

-
3:45 PM

"that'll be $12.32 in total" sa'niyah said after scanning the lady's groceries and placing them in an brown bag.

the lady payed with card and grabs her bag smiling at sa'niyah before leaving.

it was a few minutes till sa'niyah clocked off her shift, as she started from 9, she couldn't wait to see her daughter and go home.

bitchh finallyy

after the time hitting 4 she went over to the back to clock off before taking off her apron and hat.

"you finish now?"

"yeah"

"here's your paycheck from last week, extra bonus money for staying back, keep up the work" her manager said smiling.

"thanks" sa'niyah said showing a smile on her face, she thought her manager was cute, he was a white boy with glasses and looked innocent, sa'niyah assumed from the way he sounds and dresses. she grabs her bag, puts her paycheck inside and walks towards the bus stop that was a few minutes away from the supermarket.

as she walks she noticed a group of girls watching her from a distance, as she looks back she notice a few of them and especially tanisha.

she mugged her face as she thought notice them pointing at her, she ignored their presence and continued making her way to the bus stop.

-
6:32 PM

"food ready yet?" esmari groaned feeling her stomach. while she sits on the floor and watches old barbie movies.

"the rice is almost done baby" sa'niyah said after boiling the rice in the pot, she had enough food to make proper dinner for her and her daughter as she was making roasted chicken and rice.

"mama someone at the door" esmari pointed at the door and sa'niyah was alert, her heart was beating faster as she thought javon was on the door..she peeped through the door seeing ace infront of the apartment door and she sighed.