17

13 years later...

"MARI!" sa'teia yellled oht her name and esmari rushed to go to the kitchen.

"yes?" she spoke tilting her head.

"what I tell you about these dishes?" she raised her voice while slamming the sink.

"I don't know.. what did you tell me?"

"you being smart with me!?" sa'teia squints her eyes.

"no... I must've forgot" esmari spoke back, she really did fogort what sa'teia was talking about.

"you what??"

"I said I must've fogortten what you ha" she was cut off with a slap across the face by her auntie, who was now married to esmari's father, javon.

"you always got a stank attitude in that mouth of yours! quit talking back to me you understand??!"

"y-yes maam.." esmari spoke lightly while holding her right cheek that was highly sore. as sa'teia walks passes her while bumping her shoulder esmari looked down seeing her tears dropping down her face.

as she heard footsteps approaching the kitchen, she quickly wipes her eyes and grabs a dish soap and a scrub and starts to wash the dishes.

-

esmari was inside her room while reading her all time favourite book, The Unrelatable Kind, esmari had some sort of connection with the book, which made her fall inlove it with.

the book was about a young teen figuring out why she was different from everyone else in the world and how nobody understood her.

esmari always tried figuring out her life, she couldn't remember her childhood life, she only remembered most her childhood living with her dad and sa'teia.

however, she didn't know that 13 years ago, sa'teia had secretly placed a pill inside esmari's drink, where she had forgotten her memory.

esmari had trouble remembering her past, she couldn't remember anything, not even her real mother as javon never mentioned her mother's name ever again.

after finishing the 20th chapter, she closed her book and placed it on the table next to her bed.

she turned off her lamp and open her curtains and the window, admiring her view from outside.

(I tried looking for a good photo YALL😭😭)

she turns around a seeing her father coming in her room with his work uniform on.

"hey dad"

"why you not out hea eatin?"

"I'm not hungry.."