20

LONG CHAPTER!😵‍💫

NEXT DAY

Esmari slowly woke up on the bed, she kept blinking her eyes and stood up looking around the room, seeing a few girls on beds.

"guys she's awake!" a younger girl whispered making the others stand and stood near her bed.

"w-where am I?" esmari spoke worriedly and looked around for her bag which was next on the bottom of her bed.

"um u at a foster home, what's your name you look new" one of them asked.

"mari"

"hey that's a pretty name, people call me summer, this is jules, ja'vena, mimi, and destiny, she's also new but she doesn't talk at all" summer explained and esmari looked at the girls and awkwardly smiled.

"what made you come here?" another asked.

"i don't really remember.. the last thing I remember was sleeping in a bus"

"you got kidnapped?" ja'vena asked with a confused look.

"I- I don't think so" esmari spoke, she was tryna figure out how she ended up here.

your gonna love this place!!

"um what is foster?"

"you don't know what a foster home is?" ja'vena looked at her confused.

"is basically a place for kids without a home to go to.." Jules spoke while adjusting her glasses.

"but I have a home, I just don't want to live there"

"sooo you a running away?" ja'vena glared at her.

"i left home to look for my real mother.. my auntie kept her away from me and sent her to nursery home? i shouldn't be here, I need to look for my mother, she needs me" esmari spike and they were all silent and looked at eachother.

"girl your auntie sound like she a physcopath" Mimi spoke and shook her head.

"she's not a good person" esmari spoke lowly, and the girls looked at eachother after seeing esmari's marks around her neck, exepct summer, she was in her world.

"hey girls, look like y'all are already up, breakfast is ready for y'all to eat"

everyone got up and left the room exepct esmari. "hello there you must be new to foster home" the lady spoke with an accent and smiled as esmari. She thought she was pretty, she was short, a little chubby, had blonde long curly and was latina.

"why am I here?" Esmari spoke. "my husband is a bus driver, he found you sleeping in the back of the bus and we both decided to take somewhere safe... do you have somewhere to live?"

"no" she mumbled, she didn't wanted to go back home.

"that's okay, you can stay with us as long as you like" she smiled at esmari and she smiled and nodded.

"oh!- and my name is ms. Lopez, we can get you changed up before you have breakfast okay?" ms Lopez grabs esmari hands and takes her out of her dorms, to the storage room where they keep everything.

esmari stood in the corner fiddling with her fingers as she felt nervous. "come on in" ms. Lopez spoke lightly and esmari slowly approached the storage room.

"we don't have enough but you can keep this, and here is your sanitary bag and I believe you don't know the rules.."

"I don't.."

"from 8 to 10AM you have your breakfast, then 3PM is lunch and 7 PM is dinner time, you are allowed to be out of this area or go to public spaces but not until 8:15 PM and you are not allowed to drink or smoke inside or outside this area, got it?" ms Lopaz spoke softly and esmari nodded.