Chapter 2: Extraordinary Passion

Author's Pov

Tara was labelling the medicines in the laboratory. Dr. Nidhi Raichand entered the lab at the same time.

"Good morning Mam..."

"Good morning Tara...can you give me some arnica 30.."

"Sure mam...here..."

Tara gave the medicine to Nidhi. She smiled.

"Thanks....come to the meeting room...our Nawab Saab is coming..He wants to meet our intern"

"Yes mam.. I'm coming"

Nidhi left the laboratory.

Tara didn't like it when Nidhi said "Our Nawab Saab"

"Why our Nawab? We have no Nawabs in dehradun...We are independent people...why they likes to stay under someone? And why this Nawab is after our city? He should go to any other places...not here... I'm not liking this"

She whispered all these while tagging the boxes.

"You should say these things in front of Nawab Saab"

Tara startled after hearing Dharmesh's voice.

"Got scared? You thought Dr. Kulkarni came..you won't believe but everyone is looking so alarmed today...infact I heard rumour that Nawab Saab is extremely powerful...Even the ministers of our city are spending nights in terror...He is very ruthless and I also heard....."

"I don't want to hear anything Dharmesh...I don't like these type of people"

Tara said in a bit irritation.

"I know you must be thinking about Ibrahim sir...."

As soon as Dharmesh said that, the medicine box fell from Tara's hand and all the medicines got spread on the floor.

"What you have done Tara! This is too much loss...Dr. Kulkarni will charge you for this..."

Dharmesh looked at Tara and got shocked.

"Hey, are you fine? Why are you shivering? It's okay...I will talk to Dr. Kulkarni... Don't feel nervous..."

Tara immediately ran towards the basin. She started to throw cold water on her face. That one name is enough to shook her inside in tremendous fear. Her whole face is throbbing hard. She splashed back to back water on her face.

I'm fine..he..is..not..here.. I'm fine...

She uttered in her mind back to back to gain strength.

Dharmesh stood behind her and placed his hand on her back. Tara immediately moved back.

"I'm okay... I'm fine.."

She said while lowering her eyes.

"What the hell??? Who have done this?"

Dr. Kulkarni entered the lab. He stared at the liquids which are all over the floor.

"Who did this? You two?"

He asked being angry.

"No sir...it's me...the medicines slipped from my hands...and..."

"How careless you are!! With this carelessness you will achieve nothing...now who will pay for this loss? You will not get your fellowship this month..not even next month...careless people like you should get punished...from today you won't work in the laboratory...you will clean patient's room....you don't deserve to be in here"

Tears gathered into Tara's eyes and fell into her cheeks but she failed to utter a word. Her introvert nature always makes her silent. She failed to show her helplessness outside. She should say sorry and tell Dr. Kulkarni that she won't be able to pay the rent if he abandoned her fellowship for two months but she stayed silent in fear.