Chapter 11: The Proposal

Tara walked through the forest in a daze. Her legs were trembling too much. Tears made her vision hazy.

Ibrahim noticed her state. He was just behind her walking with Nidhi. He got so tensed after seeing her condition. Is she not feeling well?

Suddenly he found her holding a tree trunk for balance. He immediately ran towards her but before he could reach her, she fell on the ground.

Ibrahim bent on his knees to hold her but he stopped. She is crying so much. He felt that she needs comfort, which he can't provide her. His presence can only increase her fear.

At the same time Nidhi held Tara.

"What happened? Oh my god...you have fever"

Ibrahim's heart fell after hearing this.

"Tiger...mam...that...tiger...."

Tara pointed out to the place where Ibrahim killed that tiger few minutes back.

"It's nothing dear...the tiger is fine..okay...c'mon..stop crying"

Nidhi wiped Tara's tears carefully.

Ibrahim stood like a statue. He felt like to slap himself right now. He killed that tiger in the heat of the moment. He saw Dharmesh holding Tara and that made him angry. He just wanted to vent his anger on something.

But now seems like he has affected Tara with his doing. He didn't know that she was that close to animals. In one hand he felt guilty, on the other side his love for her increased thousand times. That's why he loves her to that extent. For her soft nature.

He still remembers the very first day when he first saw her.

He was in the college. Though his degree was completed, still he has to regularly visit the college because he was a part of the college union. It was the fresher's day. Senior students were welcoming the juniors.

Ibrahim was sitting on his position. One by one the juniors were coming and the seniors were welcoming them by giving a rose and a book. When they were coming near Ibrahim, he is giving them a gold coin.

That was Ibrahim's birthday and every year during his birthday, his Abbu distributed 5000 gold coins. Each coin was 24 carat and the coin was almost 10 gm.

The fresher's were looking too excited for the gold coins. They were discussing what will they do with it. Some were planning to buy a new mobile phone, while some were planning to buy a laptop, or an expensive watch. Girls were planning to buy expensive handbags.

Ibrahim was hearing all these conversations with a blank face. He was looking very uninterested. The girls were trying to grab his attention pathetically. When they were taking the coin from him, they were literally trying their best to initiate a conversation. Ibrahim felt disgusted. Now the fresher's knows that he is a rich man. Every year they try so many unimaginable things to seek his attention.

Ibrahim told his bodyguard to distribute the rest of the coins and stood in a corner. He took his cigarette and started to smoke. He was puffing in a relaxed way, suddenly his eyes fell on a girl.

She is taking the coin from his bodyguard. He doesn't know why his gaze stopped in that girl. It's not like she is very beautiful. He has seen far more beautiful girl than her. But there was something in her appearance which make his gaze fixed.

She is wearing a faded kurti. It's evident that she belongs to a lower middle class family. Her face was very simple. She is short, probably 5 ft and lean. He has never seen someone with that much simple appearance. It felt like she doesn't care about her looks at all.