leaving home

Rayna

Today was the day, I would be moving in with my older brother Dennis after months of convincing our parents to let me go. I knew they were skeptical about me leaving but I promised them that I would be with my brother every step of the way but that wasn't entirely true because once I made it to where my brother currently resided, I was quickly kidnapped and taken to an unknown place after a few guys had approached me since I arrived alone during the night.

I wasn't sure why they took me but they began neglecting me while they held me hostage in a dirty basement while I was chained to the wall, I examined the shackle that was around my ankle when I heard the door open and seen a guy walking down the stairs as he quietly walked towards me. I had no idea what his intentions were and I knew that I couldn't get away from him so I moved closer to the wall as he slowly got closer to me.

I learned that his name was Jesse after another guy called down to him and heard him respond back before he spoke to me about why he was here with me now.

Jesse: I hope you are hungry girlie, I brought you food and a drink.

Rayna: Ya ne khochu vashoho spivchuttya, budʹ laska, vidpustitʹ mene.

Rayna: I don't want your sympathy, please let me go.

I waited for him to reply back but it took him several minutes as I quietly cried while I spoke quickly to him.

Jesse: I wish I could understand what you just said, I know this is probably scary for you but it's going to be okay I promise...

I watched as he put the plate of food down on the cement floor in front of me before he quickly left, as the darkness surrounded me once again...