safe from harm

Dylan

Two weeks passed since she went missing, her brother took Mitchel on the road with him while Frankie and I looked for her. I found laying in a dark alleyway while she slowly wandered around helplessly covered in cuts and bruises, I quickly took her to the hospital where she slowly recovered from what happened to her.

I stayed by her side as she rested, I learned that she had suffered a broken shoulder and a few broken ribs along with the cuts that had to be stitched up. I listened to the beeping from the heart monitor as I held her hand in mine when I seen her slowly waking up then look around the room before staring at me.

Dylan: hey baby girl, how are you feeling?

Rayna: Dylan...?

I noticed that her voice was hoarse as she spoke to me.

Dylan: I'm here.

Rayna: where am I?

Dylan: you're in the hospital, what happened to you?

Rayna: Dallas found me and he...

Dylan: you don't have to worry about them anymore.

Rayna: you promise?

Dylan: yeah, I promise. I'm going to get you out of here.

Rayna: they hurt me badly Dylan.

Dylan: they, you mean other people did this to you?

Rayna: yeah, Dallas and three other guys.

Dylan: I'm not going to let them hurt you again. I'm going to protect you.

I seen a single tear run down her face as she winced in pain, I quickly dried her eyes and tuck her hair behind her ear.

Dylan: are you in pain?

Rayna: yeah.

I quickly called for a nurse and she gave her some pain reliever in the hose from the I.V. bag and I watched as she slowly relaxed as Frankie walked into the room and got my attention, I walked out the room so I could talk with him where Rayna wouldn't hear what we talked about.

Dylan: well?

Frankie: I found the hideout where Rayna's kidnappers are hiding, it turns out she's not the only female there. They have several other females there around her age, it looks like a whorehouse in that building not that Rayna is one but the other women there are coming and going as they please.

Dylan: I'm just glad she's not there anymore, I need to keep her away from here.

Frankie: you mean go back to North Dakota?

Dylan: or New York, I have a job waiting for me there.

Frankie: what about her son?

Dylan: he doesn't need to know that his real father is abusive, he deserves a better life and so does Rayna.

Frankie: so you're still going to marry her?

Dylan: yeah, I am.

Frankie: in that case, go to New York.

Dylan: I plan on it as soon as she's released from here.

After Frankie left I walked back into the room and sat in the chair beside her, she was sleeping peacefully. A few weeks passed and she was finally released from the hospital and I had her clothes packed up after she said goodbye to her brother, I had moved her to New York along with son as she moved in with me.