reuniting

Dennis

I finally returned home after being on the road with the band for several weeks and I received a phone call from a number that I didn't recognize and whoever it was wouldn't stop calling so I decided to answer my phone.

Dennis: I don't know who this is but you should...

Rayna: hi big brother...

Dennis: Rayna?

Rayna: yeah...

Dennis: where are you, are you in California?

I heard someone in the background telling me that she was in California so we agreed on a place to meet at before ending the call then I called mom so I could let her know that Rayna was safe.

After I met up with her, I felt her quickly wrap her arms around my neck and heard her softly crying while I held her close to me.

Dennis: I was worried that something bad happened to you Rayna, I'm glad you're safe.

Rayna: mom and dad must be worried about me, I was kidnapped by a group of guys and they wouldn't let me go, one of them well...

I watched as she lifted up her shirt and showed me the baby bump, I had felt like my heart dropped when she told me that one of the guys who kidnapped her forced himself on top of her and have his way with her which resulted in her getting pregnant by that guy.

I was still confused about who this guy was that followed her around until she told me that he was the person who had found her after she escaped her captors.

Rayna: I know our parents expect me to stay with you but I plan on staying with Dylan just in case the people who kidnapped me come looking for me again.

Dennis: if that's what you want to do and he's okay with it.

Dylan: I don't have a problem with her staying but she'll be alone during the day since I have to work.

Dennis: are you okay with that Rayna?

Rayna: yeah, he doesn't live in the city so I will be fine.

Dennis: okay, just promise me that you will call me everyday.

Rayna: my phone was lost during me being kidnapped...

Dylan: don't worry about that, we will get you a phone.

Dennis: how about clothes, do you need those?

Rayna: they took everything when they kidnapped me. I don't even have under garments.

I felt her rest her head against my shoulder and said something that I only understood...

Rayna: meni duzhe strashno...

Rayna: I'm so scared...

Dennis: Ya znayu, ale tobi bilʹshe ne potribno turbuvatysya pro tykh lyudey, i ya b khotiv, shchob ty zalyshyvsya zi mnoyu.

Dennis: I know but you don't have to worry about those people anymore and I wish you would stay with me.

I knew that I couldn't make her stay with me but it would make me feel better knowing that she was with me.