safe haven (pt. 3)

Rayna

I felt the truck come to a stop. I wasn't sure if we made it to our destination but I watched as he got out of the truck and seen another guy around his age pushing a gate open and I watched as Dylan immediately climbed back in the truck before he drove past the gate while I stared out of the window while he slowly drove to a cabin surrounded by tons of trees and a huge lake until the truck came to a complete stop again...

Dylan: welcome to your new home Rayna.

He gently pushed open the door and I slowly walked inside then looked around the house while he carried our bags inside, I wasn't sure which bedroom was mine so I decided to wait before I picked one. I felt his hand gently rest on my shoulder and I looked up at him, his gaze quickly caught mine as we stood quietly just staring at each other until it was interrupted by someone knocking on the door.

I watched as he pulled open the door and seen another guy standing in front of him before he walked inside as Dylan quickly introduced him to me.

Dylan: Rayna this is Frankie, he will be watching you when I'm not here.

Frankie: it's a pleasure to meet you Rayna.

Rayna: pleasure to meet you too Frankie, the place is beautiful.

I watched as he opened his mouth and was about to say something when I let out a loud gasp after I felt a sharp pain in my stomach from the baby kicking me in the side.

Dylan: is everything okay?

Rayna: yeah, the baby kicked.

Frankie: she's pregnant, Dylan why didn't you say something before?

Dylan: because it's not a problem, the baby and her will be taken care of.

Frankie: but your father he...

Dylan: he doesn't have to know about it, we had a deal but it seems like you're changing your mind.

Frankie: I just think the others deserve to know that she's pregnant so Lucy can help her deliver the child.

Rayna: who's Lucy?

Dylan: she's my father's play thing, you can meet her later. Go get some rest Rayna.

Rayna: which room is mine?

Dylan: whichever room you choose.

I quietly walked away from them and into a room while they continued talking where I couldn't hear them, I sat down on the bed while I gently ran my finger across my belly when I heard him say something.

Dylan: are you sure you're okay?

Rayna: I promise that I am.

I watched as he sat down beside me and I laid my head on his shoulder then felt him kiss the top of my head while feeling his fingers between mine as we were holding hands.

Rayna: Dylan...?

I looked up at him and seen the sad look on his face as he stared back at me then felt his lips gently brush against mine almost like he was waiting for me to make the first move and I did.

I got caught up in my emotions and realized what I done then quickly stopped before things escalated.

Rayna: I'm sorry Dylan, I shouldn't have...