new scenery

Rayna

Two weeks passed since Dylan, Mitchel and myself started our trip towards New York after I said my goodbyes to my brother. It was a long drive but we eventually made it to our new home, It wasn't much but it was big enough for the three of us.

I would have to share a room with either Dylan or Mitchel but we made it work when Dylan was here but when he wasn't I slept in his bedroom.

He would be gone 3 days a week due to the job he had which was a few cities away, he grabbed out clothes and I quietly put them away while Mitchel spent time with him, I knew he wasn't his real father but he treated him like a son and I was grateful for that.

Another week passed and I seen him walking in the door covered in dust and dry mud as he pulled his shirt off and threw it in the dirty clothes hamper with the other dirty clothes and took his boots off by the door.

Rayna: hey, how was work?

Dylan: it was okay, I'm just glad that it's only three days a week, I couldn't work like that everyday. How was your week.

Rayna: it was okay, Mitchel started school yesterday.

Dylan: that's good, is he here?

Rayna: no but he should be here any moment now, why?

Dylan: no reason, I was just wondering cause I didn't want to do anything in front of him.

Rayna: what do you mean?

As soon as I asked that question I felt his lips on mine andhis hands slowly rest on my lower back as he gently held me close to him, I wrapped my arms around his neck and felt him deepen the kiss when Mitchel walked inside and seen us kissing each other.

Mitchel: eww, mom!

I placed my head against Dylan's chest and started laughing and I heard him whisper in my ear.

Dylan: we'll continue our conversation after he's sleeping.

I knew what he was talking about and I quietly agreed with him. I put Mitchel to sleep and was about to head to the couch and get some sleep when I felt Dylan gently pick me up and carry me to his bedroom.

Rayna: I'm glad you're here...

Dylan: me too, I missed you.

Rayna: I missed you too.

I felt his lips on mine as we held each other.

Dylan: I know this is sudden and I know that you were hurt by then but I was wondering if you wanted to have a child with me.

Rayna: are you sure this is what you want?

Dylan: yeah, but only if you're okay with it. I will understand if you say no.

Rayna: I would love to have a child with you Dylan.

After we made love with each other we got a shower and headed to bed.