safe haven (pt. 2)

Dylan

Two days passed since we left California and it would take another two days to get to our destination, I hadn't let Rayna out of my sight just in case the people who were looking for her was around the area. We decided to get a bite to eat before we headed back on the road, I wasn't sure if she was going to continue staying with me or go back to her home country so she could be with her family and I was expecting her to head back to her mom and dad so she could be safe with them.

Rayna: what's wrong Dylan?

Dylan: I know that I arranged for you to stay with me in North Dakota but I don't want you being away from you're family so...

Rayna: I know you want what's best for me but going back to my family isn't the best option right now since Dallas is searching for a way to get me back where he had me.

Dylan: what about your parents?

Rayna: they would probably disown me if they find out that I'm pregnant so...

Dylan: so you're going to stay with me?

Rayna: not unless you want me to go back to my country, I don't want to be a burden on you or your friends.

Dylan: you're not a burden on me Rayna. I...

Rayna: I will leave if that's what you want...

Dylan: I would never want you to leave, I'm drawn to you and I don't want anything bad happening to you....

Rayna: I don't want anything bad happening to you either.

I felt her gently place her fingers between mine as she looked in my eyes, I wasn't sure what she was thinking but I wanted her to stay by my side where she was safe.