Chapter 6

Sana's POV

Making my way back into my office after our lunch together , I grinned when I saw Mina lounging on the couch, waiting for me.

"Well, well, well, look who's here" I teased, sauntering over to give her a big hug. "Missed me, huh?"

Mina giggled and hugged me back tightly

Mina giggled and hugged me back tightly. "Of course, honey! You know I can't survive without my daily dose of Sana's antics."

We settled in, catching up on each other's lives until Mina being her nosy self, brought up the dreaded topic of my relationship status.

I swear sometimes that girl has no filter. I blinked at her in disbelief, trying to come up with a suitable response.

"You know, Sana" she said with a sigh, "it wouldn't hurt to let someone sweep you off your feet once in a while. You're too fabulous to be single!"

I rolled my eyes dramatically, crossing my arms over my chest. "Oh, please, Mina. You know I'm married to my career. Besides, who needs love when you have power and success?"

But Mina wasn't convinced. With a mischievous glint in her eyes, she declared, "Fine, if you won't find love yourself, then I'll just have to find it for you. I'm setting you up on blind date!"

I gasped in horror, shaking my head vehemently. "Absolutely not! I refuse to be a pawn in your matchmaking schemes, Mina. I'm perfectly content with my life just the way it is."

Mina with her relentless determination, whipped out her phone and showed me a list of her male friends' phone numbers, pleading with her puppy eyes for me to give them a chance.

I shook my head in disagreement, reminding her once again that I simply didn't have the time for romantic entanglements.

"Mina, honey, I love my career more than anything else in this world" I insisted, trying to make her understand.

"But you've been working non-stop! You deserve a little bit of fun" Mina countered, her voice tinged with sincerity.

With a resigned groan, I finally surrendered to her relentless charm, snatching her phone from her hand to choose a random name from her contact list.

My finger landed on the name 'Hansol' and Mina beamed with delight, promising to set up a blind date between us.

"I just know you and Hansol will hit it off, Sana. He's perfect for you!" she exclaimed, her excitement contagious.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her enthusiasm. "We'll see about that" I muttered under my breath, already dreading the impending blind date.

As Mina continued to gush about Hansol and her grand plans for our romantic rendezvous, I couldn't shake the nagging feeling in the back of my mind.

Today was the anniversary of the day I hired (Y/N), my longest-serving secretary who had been by my side for two years.

"Mina, I hate to cut this short but I just remembered something important" I interjected, already moving towards the door.

"I'll catch up with you later, okay?"

Mina pouted, disappointed that I was abandoning her matchmaking mission so soon. "But Sana, what about Hansol?" she protested.

"Don't worry, I'll make it up to you" I promised with a reassuring smile before slipping out of the office in search of (Y/N).

After all, celebrating our anniversary was the least I could do for someone who had been with me through thick and thin.