Chapter 24

(Y/N)'s POV

Exciting out of the mall, Dahyun suddenly halted. Her gaze fixated on a pet shop across the street. Curious, I glanced at her, noting the wistful expression on her face.

"What's wrong?" Chaeyoung noticed Dahyun's sudden change in demeanor.

Dahyun's eyes still fixed on the pet shop. "I saw a limited edition shampoo for dogs. I wanted to buy it for Shane" she explained.

I furrowed my brow in confusion. "Who's Shane?" I asked, my interest piqued despite myself.

Dahyun smiled widening as she explained, "Yes, Sana's adorable shiba inu puppy. He's the cutest thing ever!"

I suppressed a chuckle at the thought of Sana doting on a pet. Nevertheless, I nodded along and feigning my interest as Dahyun continued.

However, her excitement waned as she deliberated over whether to purchase a limited edition shampoo for Shane. She turned to Chaeyoung and me. Her brow furrowed in uncertainty.

"Guys, I really want to get this for Shane" she admitted with emotion as she remembered the playful antics of Sana's beloved pet.

Dahyun's eyes glistened with unshed tears as she struggled with the decision. "But I don't want to use Sana's credit card" she trembled with guilt.

Chaeyoung and I exchanged a knowing glance as wei understanding the depth of Dahyun's dilemma. It was clear that her desire to pamper Shane was outweighed.

"I understand, Hyun. It's a difficult decision to make" Chaeyoung placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

I nodded in agreement though my own sense of empathy kicking in. "Indeed, but you should wait until you receive your salary from Sana" I offered a practical solution to alleviate Dahyun's inner conflict.

Tears welled up in Dahyun's eyes as she struggled with her emotions. "I know but I just can't help wanting to do something nice for Shane" she confessed quivering.

In a moment of weakness, Dahyun made her decision. With a determined look on her face, she swiped Sana's credit card and purchased the shampoo for Shane and promising to repay Sana once she received her salary.

Despite the breach of protocol, both Chaeyoung and I understood Dahyun's heartfelt intentions. "We understand. Your heart was in the right place" Chaeyong reassured her, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.
______________________________________

Sana's POV

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the clueless trio stumbled onto the scene, gasping for breath as if they had just completed a marathon.

Taking hold of the megaphone, I raised it to my lips, my voice echoing across the rooftop. "Ladies and gentlemen, please join me in welcoming our heroes!" I gestured grandly towards the exhausted but triumphant trio.

First through the door was Tzuyu, her determined expression giving way to relief as she caught sight of our welcoming party. Following closely behind was Song Kang. His usually composed demeanor replaced by a mixture of exhaustion and confusion. Bringing up the rear was Nayeon. Her cheeks flushed and her hair in disarray.

I couldn't contain my excitement as they arrived. I joined in the applause and cheers along with the rest of our team. Even Shane added to the cacophony with enthusiastic howls, his tail wagging furiously as if to signal the end of their mission to "SAVE" me.

They stumbled toward me, their expressions a mix of shock and confusion. I stifled a giggle at their wobbly gait. They bombarded me with a barrage of questions. Their voices overlapping in their haste to make sense of the situation.