Chapter 39

(Y/N)'s POV

Mrs. Chwe beamed proudly as she gush to extol Hansol's achievements. "Hansol is a brilliant doctor, you know! And he graduated from one of the top medical universities in the world!" she eagerly shared her son's accomplishments with anyone who would listen.

I noticed the discomfort on the faces of Sana's parents. Sana discreetly rolled her eyes at Mrs. Chwe's relentless praise, clearly uninterested. "Here we go again. I'd rather listen to paint dry" she muttered under her breath in annoyance.

Hansol squirmed uncomfortably in his seat until he finally spoke up. "Mom, please, you're embarrassing me" he quelled his mother's excessive praise.

Mrs. Chwe merely waved off his concerns, seeing an opportunity. "Nonsense, this is the perfect chance to introduce you to Sana. You had a blind date with her" she ignored her son's protests.

Sana's heart skipped a beat as she heard her name mentioned in connection with Hansol. Sana's mother turned to her with a curious expression, awaiting her response. "Is it true that you had a blind date with Hansol?" she inquired surprisingly and intrigued.

Sana glanced nervously at me to plea silently for my support. I avoided her gaze and leaving her to fend herself.

She took a deep breath to compose herself before responding her mother's inquiry. "Yes, Mom. I did go on a blind date with Hansol. It was just a casual thing; Mina asked me to choose a random blind date partner from her male friend's contact in her phone" she tried to sound as confident as possible.

Sana's father leaned forward as he posed the question to his daughter. "So, are you and Hansol... starting a romantic relationship?" His eyes searched hers for any sign of confirmation or denial.

Sana began,"Well, you see-" before she could continue.

Mrs. Chwe interjected,"Of course, Sana and Hansol are in a relationship after their blind date. They can get married now! They'd make a wonderful couple!"

The others were taken aback by Mrs. Chwe's blunt assertion. Hansol felt increasingly uncomfortable.

"Please, don't go overboard. Sana and I barely know each other. We haven't even started a relationship. How can you talk about marriage already?" he pleaded to his mother.

Mrs. Chwe chuckled dismissively. "It's not ridiculous, dear. I'm just afraid Sana might fall for a stoic man who's sitting beside her."

I was caught off guard when Mrs. Chwe suddenly pointed at me. Why would she weaved me into her fantasy love story between Sana and Hansol?

"Why must I be included in your so-called fantasy love tale? Oh, alas! I'm just a humble and ordinary man, enjoying my life as the luckiest single man in the world!" I mocked Mrs. Chwe dramatically.

Mrs. Chwe didn't back down as she's insisting, "I'm worried Hansol won't be able to win Sana over. (Y/N), you're handsome and elegant but Hansol is the most handsome and would make a great partner for Sana."

The tension between us was palpable as we exchanged words. Sana observed the exchange between me and Mrs. Chwe. She noticed the subtle signs of hurt etched across my face.

Sana reached out as she grasped mine while pleading with tear-filled eyes, "Please, stop it. I can't bear to see you like this." My heart clenched at the desperation in her voice but I couldn't bring myself to acknowledge her touch.

Mrs. Chwe's final words were like a dagger to my heart. Each syllable was cutting deeper than the last. "Although you may be good looking, (Y/N). You're likely living in poverty, barely scraping by like a beggar. You simply can't make Sana happy, especially if you're struggling to raise a child" she sneered.