Chapter 35

(Y/N)'s POV

The living room buzzed with excitement as Dahyun eagerly caught up with her bestie, Momo while Chaeyoung engaged in conversation with Jeongyeon. 

I sat beside Sana in her usual enigmatic flair. She's munching on sunflower seeds as she affectionately ruffled Shane's fur. She used Dahyun's bandana as her makeshift dustbin. She carefully disposed of the discarded shells.

"So, bestie. How's life been treating you?" Dahyun's nails tapped anxiously against the armrest. 

Momo flashed a bright smile before respond to Dahyun."Just the usual, bestie. Guess what? We finally hit a million subscribers on our channel!" she replied enthusiastically.

Dahyun's eyes widened in delight. "No way! That's amazing, bestie!" she gave Momo a playful nudge.

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung leaned in attentively as Jeongyeon shared her latest achievement. "Jeongyeon, tell me more about this horror background music you've been working on" she prompted impatiently.

Jeongyeon grinned proudly as her words flowed effortlessly like a seasoned rapper. "Yo, yo, yo, Chaeyoung, let me lay it down for you. It's been wild, like a comedy on TV. We scored an award, 'I Haunt You' takin' flight. Top of the horror chart, yeah, that's right!" she boasted confidently.

Momo turned her attention to Sana who was affectionately ruffling Shane's fur. "How about you, cousin? How's life as the CEO of your father's company?"

Sana sighed softly, "Oh, sis, it's been hectic. I've become more of a workaholic and poor Shane doesn't get as much attention as he used to" she furrowed slightly.

Momo's heart went out to Shane. She felt sorry for him. "Oh, poor little guy. Don't worry, Shane. Auntie Momo will keep you company while your mommy works hard" she murmured sympathetically as she looked at Shane.

Calling out to Shane, Momo's voice caught his attention. His ears perked up with interest. Joyfully yip, Shane bounded over to Momo. He's leaving Sana's lap and jumping onto Momo's instead. Momo chuckled at his adorable antics as she ran her hand over his soft fur.

I glanced up as Momo's curious gaze fell upon me. "And who might you be?" she inquired me.

I cleared my throat to maintain my composed character. "I'm (Y/N), Sana's secretary" I replied evenly.

Momo nodded slowly, still puzzled. "But what are you doing here?" she pressed as her hand absentmindedly ruffling Shane's fur.

I offered a brief explanation before choosing my words carefully. "I've recently relocated and now reside here" I stated simply.

Momo's eyes lit up with excitement. "That's wonderful! I'm glad to have a chance to make a new friend with you!" she exclaimed enthusiastically as she flashed me a bright smile.

I chuckled at her genuine warmth and offered a small nod of agreement. "Likewise" I replied though my stoic facade remained intact.

Behind the facade of a delightful atmosphere, Sana and I masked our true feelings. We're playing along for the sake of our two guests. Last night, after returning from her blind date, she and I had a heated argument. I couldn't comprehend why she was suddenly so angry with me. Sana accused me of betraying our friendship. 

Unable to bear the tension between us, Sana politely excused herself. She's pretending to need some time alone in her bedroom to relax. I understood her intentions all too well—she was clearly avoiding me. I made my own excuse and asked Chaeyoung and Dahyun to entertain our guests.

************************************

"Don't touch me!"

"Don't touch me!"