Y/N

I LOVED LONDON.

I reveled in the vibrancy, the refined accents, and the thrilling possibility of spotting royalty - though none graced my path. Yet I comforted Bridget with the fact that she remained my preferred royal. Most exhilarating was the prospect of a new beginning; I was a blank slate here, free to reinvent myself, my creative zeal reignited after the gloom post-Philadelphia.

The prospect of relocating to London without a single acquaintance had been daunting, but I quickly found camaraderie among the WYP fellows and instructors. Within two weeks, our bond had cemented into a circle of friends. We indulged in happy hours at local pubs, collaborated on weekend photoshoots, and embraced tourism with trips on the London Eye and Thames cruises.

Although I yearned for my friends and Taehyung, our frequent video chats and Bridget's promised visit en route to Eldorra later in the season were balm to my heart. Admittedly, the whirlwind of WYP workshops, coupled with the thrill of discovering an unfamiliar city, left little room for introspection—a welcome diversion.

For too many months I'd been imprisoned by my own thoughts—a place I yearned to escape. A change in perspective was imperative.

I owe a heartfelt thanks to the initial London fellow who consented to exchange destinations; she ventured to New York as I settled here. It was a fortuitous twist facilitated by the program last-minute but one that serendipitously transformed everything.

"You sure you can't join us?" Jack, an Australian wildlife photographer who was also in this year's fellowship cohort, asked. "Half-off drinks at The Black Boar today."

The Black Boar, located a few minutes' walk away from the WYP building, was one of the fellows' favorite pubs. I shook my head with a regretful smile. "Next time. I'm behind on editing photos."

I wanted to make sure the final products were top-notch because they weren't for any ol' workshop-they were for Diane Lange's. The Diane Lange. I'd nearly had a heart attack when I first met her in person. She was everything I'd imagined her to be and more. She was smart, incisive, and talented beyond belief. Tough, but fair. Her passion for her art radiated from every inch of her, and I could tell she cared about us. She wanted us to succeed and be the best we could be. In a cutthroat industry rife with backstabbing and undermining other creators, her dedication to helping us perfect our craft with no ego said a lot about her character. "Fair enough." Jack chuckled. "See ya tomorrow then."

"See you." I waved goodbye and rummaged through my bag for my headphones while walking down the steps. That was the downside of carrying a large bag-it was impossible to find anything smaller than a full-sized laptop.

My fingers closed around the thin white wires right when I felt a prickle of heat on my neck. An electric awareness I hadn't felt in months.

No.

I was afraid to look up, but my curiosity got the better of me. My pulse quickened as I lifted my eyes slowly. Higher...higher...and there he was, standing less than three feet away in a black shirt and pants, looking like a god descended from the heavens to wreak havoc on my still-fragile heart.

I swore the poor thing stopped beating.

I hadn't seen him in person since Philadelphia, and the sight was too much. Too vivid, too overwhelming, too beautiful and horrifying. Those eyes, that face, the way I instinctively stepped toward him before I caught myself...