1o || christmas

Tom had a game in Tennessee while she was in the hospital. After the game Rob, Julian, Danny, and Tom made a detour and came to visit her in the hospital. Each of them brought in stuffed animals, each one getting progressively bigger as the men walked in. Olivia laughed at them, such manly men carrying the biggest and girliest stuffed animals she had ever seen. They stayed until a nurse came in and told them that visiting hours were over. "Thank you for coming, I missed you guys," she said as she was suffocated by a hug from all of the guys except Tom.

"That win tonight was for you Liv," Danny said he walked out of the hospital room behind Rob and Julian.

"I will see you in a week LivvyKins. I will call you as soon as I land to see how you are doing, " Tom said as he kissed her forehead. He left and Olivia could tell it pained him to leave her. It was 3 in the morning, Olivia hadnt slept yet because she was waiting for Tom to land. Finally her phone rang and a picture of her boyfriend popped up. "Good morning Tom," Olivia said into the phone.

"Good morning angel, how did you sleep?" Tom asked her concerned.

"I haven't yet, I was too worried about you," Olivia said.

"Liv, you have to sleep, rest is the best healer," Tom said sternly.

"Okay mom, I'll try better tomorrow. Babe, only 5 more wins until the superbowl," Olivia said with a giggle.

"Very funny, I'm not your mom though, I'm your concerned boyfriend. Don't get too far ahead of yourself, babe, a lot could happen in those 5 games," Tom said.

"Well, I plan on being at every single one of those game," Olivia said surely.

"I would love that more than anything, but we have to go by Doctor Detry's orders. Get some rest angel, I will talk to you in the morning," Tom said as he hung up the phone.

Today was the day, Olivia was finally being released from the hospital. She was in the hospital for two weeks, because she had gotten an infection and Doctor Detry wanted it to be completely gone before he let her go home. By the time they finally released her, she was on winter break. She planned on spending Christmas in Boston with Tom, but her doctors told her she couldn't because they wanted to keep an eye on her. She watched her mom pack up all of the things people brought her. She slipped on a Patriots sweatshirt and a pair of black leggings. She put her hair in a messy bun and was rolled out of the hospital in her wheelchair. It was hospital policy that she couldn't walk out. A nurse warned her about the crowds of people outside, so she put on some sunglasses and put her hood up. As they opened the door she just looked down the whole time. She wished Tom were there. Olivia was bombarded with questions, asking how she was feeling, where Tom was, what happened, if she was going to be alright. Olivia was flattered that people were worried about her, but the whole situation was very overwhelming.

She sent Tom a picture of the madness that was happening outside of the car she was filed into. He quickly responded with "wish I was there with you 😘" Olivia responded with "Me too. Miss you already." When she got home she went right to bed. She dreamt about Tom. Olivia often found herself daydreaming about marrying him, or traveling with him, or having his kids. She thought about her kids running down the hall of their house and into the couple's bedroom to wake them up. It was the little things like that that made Olivia smile.

A week had past, and Tom was calling to check in on Olivia whenever he wasn't at football. He decided to come to Wisconsin for Christmas since Olivia couldn't go to Boston like she planned. He was flying into Milwaukee today and Olivia was going to pick him up, she was finally allowed to drive again, and take him back to her parents house. It was unbelievable how much Olivia missed him. She was so giddy whenever she was around him.

They got back to her parents house around 7. As soon as they walked in the door they both changed into sweatpants and sweatshirts. Since it was winter they curled up by the burning fireplace and sat there the rest of the night. "Olivia, i hate being away from you," Tom said kissing her forehead.

"Me too Tom, me too," she said back pulling closer into him.

"That's why I've decided to move here in the offseason. I think I would like it here, it's so peaceful," Tom told her.

"Tom, I can't let you do that. Your whole life is in Boston. Wait here, I have something for you," Olivia said removing herself from Tom's embrace and the blanket. She went to her room and came back with a letter in her hand. "I was going to wait to give you this, but Merry Christmas babe," she said smiling.

"You got accepted to Boston College? That's great!" Tom said smiling.

"I'm starting in the fall semester. Maybe we could spend the summers here and I'll move out there in August, because Wisconsin summers are beautiful," Olivia suggested.

"That sounds great. I'm so happy for you!" Tom said, Olivia knew he meant it. They could finally be together everyday. They took a picture and sent it to there friends and said "Guess who got accepted to Boston College!"