12 || edge

3 Weeks Later

    The Patriots had made in to the AFC Championship. They finished 11-3, losing the last game of the regular season. They clinched home field advantage throughout playoffs. They beat the Ravens in the Divisional game after a long hard battle. This weekend they were playing the Colts, the winner advancing to the Superbowl.

    Tom had been on edge all week and Olivia wanted to lighten the mood a little bit. While Tom was at practice she made cupcakes, but instead of frosting she used mayonnaise. She put mayo on all of them except for one, which is the one she would eat when Tom got home. She set them out right as Tom walked in the door. "Hey babe, how was practice?" she yelled to him.

    He entered the kitchen. "Rough, coach is pretty worked up about the game this weekend," Tom answered. He kissed her on the cheek.

    "Maybe you should take them all some of my famous cupcakes to calm them down," Olivia said smiling. Olivia grabbed the one she made for her and handed Tom another one. He bit into it and wrinkled his face together.

    "Babe, these are awful," Tom said.

    "Oh, you know what, I think I might have used mayo instead of frosting on all of them except this one," Olivia said biting her lip.

    "Thats it!" Tom said chasing Olivia around the house. He finally tackled her onto the couch and got on top of her. He kissed her softly and that kiss turned into a makeout session. It would have been longer if Rob wouldn't have walked into the house and stopped them.

    "God damn, first my couch, now this one? Where does the madness stop?" Rob said.

    "We weren't even doing anything," Olivia said, quickly pulling her shirt down. It was like she was just caught by her dad.

    "Rob, Olivia made the best cupcakes today, you have to try one!" Tom said excitedly. He handed Rob a cupcake. He bit into it quickly and spit it out immediately.

    "What's in these? That's the worst cupcake I ever tasted," Rob said furrowing his eyebrows together. Olivia rattler off the list of ingredients, saying mayo last. "You are evil, you know that right?" Rob said back to her. Olivia hopped onto the counter.

    "Rob! I never got to congratulate you on being a daddy! Are you excited?" Olivia said.

    "Eh, it was pretty unexpected," Rob said.

    "How could you not be excited about having a little baby?" Olivia said swaying her arms back and forth like she was rocking a baby.

    "It was just something I never really wanted before. I don't really know how to feel," Rob answered.

    Olivia cooked dinner for the guys and went to bed. Cooking and her online classes really wore her out. Tom came to bed around 2 in the morning. "What were you doing? Do you know what time it is?" Olivia asked him. She could smell alcohol on his breath.

    "We were just watching some game film," Tom slurred.

    "I don't know how you could watch game film when you are this drunk," Olivia snapped back.

    "Oh babe, calm down. We just had a few drinks. Rob is really freaking out about being a dad," Tom explained as he put his arm around Olivia.

    "I'm glad you're a good friend but you have a big game coming up and I don't think getting drunk is going to help you or the team at all," Olivia said as she shut the lights back off and went to sleep.

Sunday Night

    The game had finally gotten started. The Patriots had a calming 21-7 lead at halftime. Olivia sat by Sarah, Leah, and Claire. All of them had on their boyfriend's jersey.Olivia knew they would win but Tom had her so nervous about it. The Patriots ended up winning 45-7. They were going to the Superbowl! The girls all waited outside of the locker room until they got the all clear to come in. Olivia went straight to Tom's office. He had such a bright smile. "Congratulations babe!" Olivia squealed.

    "Thanks Liv! Wasn't that a good game?"

    "It was a great game. No reason to get worked up over was it?" Olivia answered her handsome boyfriend.

    "I told the guys that they could come over for a fire to celebrate," Tom said.

    "I can't think of a better way to celebrate, babe" Olivia smiled and pulled him in for another kiss. "I hope you shower first though, you stink."

    The couples filed in one by one. Tom set out 8 chairs by the firepit, even though he was pretty sure only 4 of them would get used. Sure enough, he was right. Olivia sat on Tom's lap and kissed his neck. Rob held onto Sarah's growing stomach. Julian rested his chin on Claire's shoulder. Danny and Leah were facing each other talking quietly about something.

    "How about a toast to us," Tom suggested. Everyone held up their glass, bottle, or can. "Cheers!" they all said simultaneously.

"We goin' to the ship!" Rob yelled. The Patriots were going to the Superbowl and now the real nerves would set in. The group sat around the fire all night and just talked. It seemed like nothing could bring down their mood. Rob seemed like he was excited about becoming a father, Olivia wondered if Tom had anything to do with that.