15 || heartbeat

"I'm nervous. Is that normal? Of course it's normal my boyfriend is playing in the Superbowl today. Oh my gosh! I think I'm going to throw up. Sorry I ramble when I'm nervous," Olivia said.

    "Olivia, calm down. The Pats have this one. They have come this far, they aren't going to lose this one I promise," Leah said. Leah, Sarah, and Claire all came to Olivia's hotel room to get ready for the game. This was all of their first Super Bowls and they wanted to get ready together.

    "You think you are going to puke? How do you think I feel?" a pregnant Sarah said. The group just laughed. Olivia loved her group, she couldn't imagine getting through today without them.

    "Honestly, I just want today to be done. If we lose, then I want to skip the next month. If we win, I just want to skip past the game," Claire said, teasing her hair. The girls nodded in agreement.

    "I can't imagine losing, Tom will be heartbroken. I don't want to see him like that. The stakes are high, and the emotions are even higher. I just want it to be done," Olivia said. She put on one last swipe of lipstick and left the hotel room. They were finally on their way to the Superbowl.

    The Patriots took an early lead scoring a touchdown. The Seahawks answered back. The game was tied at the half. "It's just too close!" Olivia yelled. Claire was rocking back and forth in her seat and Sarah had her head in her hands and looked like she was about to rip her hair out. Leah was pacing back and forth behind them.

    "You know this kind of stress cannot be good for my baby. Do you think that if I went and asked the Seahawks to lose for the health of my baby they would do it? Sarah said. The girls all laughed. They could always count on Sarah to be the comic relief.

    "Let's take a picture that shows our true emotions," Olivia said. The girls gathered around her. Olivia gritted her teeth together, Claire covered her eyes, Leah bit her fingernails, and Sarah made a puking face. Olivia posted it with the caption The life of NFL girlfriends is far too stressful.

    "Look! The game is starting again!" Leah pointed out. The Seahawks scored a touchdown and then a field goal. It wasn't looking good. The girls grew quiet. Then Tom led the team down the field and answered with two quick touchdown. It all came down to the last play. The Seahawks were right on the 2 yard line. None of the girls could watch. Olivia peaked up at the last second and saw Malcolm Butler intercept it in the endzone. She screamed! Happy tears were rolling down her cheeks. She was so happy that they won.

    Olivia, who was never into running, sprinted down to the field. She wanted to be the first person Tom saw besides the other players. She locked eyes with him, they both had such big smiles on their faces. He held his arms out for a hug, but she kept running and jumped onto him. She wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck. His hands found their spot around her waist. He kissed her hard and she kissed him right back. "I didn't know this kind of happiness existed," Olivia said kissing him again. "You had me worried Brady," she said with a laugh. He put her down and pulled her in for a hug. As Leah walked by she slipped a box in Tom's hand. "Tom your heart is beating so hard right now," Olivia said still against his chest.

    "Thats because you make my heart race Olivia," Tom pulled her away from his chest, revealing her blushing cheeks. "Olivia, babe, I love you like crazy. I thank God every single day for letting me spill ketchup on your shorts on that day in late July. I also thank God everyday that you let me make it up to you over these last 6 months. I plan to keep making it up to you for the rest of my life. Babe, I got my ring. Now it's your turn," Tom said as he got down on one knee. He opened the box and revealed the gorgeous Neil Lane diamonds. Olivia couldn't believe what was happening. Her mouth, which was covered by her hands, couldn't muster out the words. She was speechless.

    Finally she found the words, "Yes. Yes, I want to so much." Tom slid the ring onto her finger, Olivia had tears in her eyes. Tom stood up again and Olivia's hands found their spot on his face as their lips met for the first time as an engaged couple. Neither of them realized the huge crowd around them until they let go of each other. When they were together it was like there was no one else in the world.

    "Your Super Bowl 49 MVP is New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady," they heard over the speakers.

    "Get up there MVP," Olivia said clapping and jumping, smacking Tom's butt as he walked away.

    "I just want to thank my family, friends and teammates. This wouldn't have happened without you guys, I love you. But I especially want to thank my new fiancee, Olivia, for supporting me, I love you babe," Tom said as he kissed his trophy as he handed it off to Rob and Julian.

    The team was all invited to a party afterwards. "I can't believe you knew he was going to propose and you didn't say a word about it to me," Olivia said over the loud music to Leah.

    "I didn't want to ruin the surprise for you. If they didn't win, you probably would have found out because I don't think I could have kept it from you for that long.  He only told me last night after you went to bed. Don't be mad at just me, they knew too," Leah said pointing at Sarah and Claire. Olivia pouted at them before she was grabbed from behind.

    "There's my MVP. I have been looking for you everywhere," she said turning around to kiss Tom. "Tom Brady, you just won the Superbowl, what are you going to do next?" Olivia said with a giggle placing her arms around his neck.

    "Well, first I'm going to dance with my girl, and then I'm going to take her back to the hotel, and love her right," Tom said kissing her neck making Olivia let out a little moan. Just then Bless the Broken Road by the Rascal Flatts came on. "May I have this dance, my love?" Tom said holding out his hand.

    "Of course you may," Olivia said with a smile. So she danced to one of her favorite songs, by her favorite band, with her favorite guy. Olivia couldn't help but think about how lucky she really was. Tom kept his promise, he danced with his girl, said goodbye to the guys, and went back to the hotel and loved her right.

This chapter made me happy! I hope you guys liked it too! <3