23 || ready

Tom and Olivia had been back from their caribbean cruise for a month when football started again. They were getting used to married life and enjoying every minute of it. Tom was always tired from practice but he made sure to make time for Olivia. He was usually gone for practice before Olivia woke up and he was home before supper.

"Hey babe, I'm home," Tom said throwing his bag on the ground and walking into the kitchen by Olivia. "It smells amazing in here," he said smelling Olivia's spaghetti she was making.

"It did smell amazing in here until you walked in. You need a shower," Olivia said sitting on the counter in her black yoga pants.

"Why do you have to be so mean to me?" Tom jokingly asked her.

"Because I am your wife, and that's my job," Olivia answered.

"Oh, how I love the sound of that," Tom said moving close to her and kissing her slowly. Olivia put her arms around his neck. After supper the couple sat on the couch and Tom put on Sports Center. Olivia sprawled her legs over Tom's lap and checked her phone. "Are you going to come to our pre season games or no? I need to get you tickets if you are," Tom said rubbing his wife's leg.

"I will come to the home ones," Olivia said looking up from her phone.

"Perfect," Tom said leaning over and kissing her forehead. Olivia grabbed his shirt and pulled him on top of her. They were making out when Olivia's phone rang. She pushed Tom off of her so she could answer it. "Olivia- It's me," a frazzled Sarah said on the other end of the phone. "Are you okay Sarah?" Olivia said shooting Tom a confused look. "No, my dad was in an accident. We have to fly out there and I was wondering if you guys could watch Kain. I don't think it's a good environ-" Sarah said in tears. "Sarah, calm down, of course we will take Kain. We will be right there," Olivia, who was already in her pajamas, said as she put on her shoes and motioned for Tom to do the same. Tom was confused but did what Olivia told him to do. He grabbed the keys to the Range Rover and met Olivia in the car. "She said he was in some accident and that she didn't want Kain around that kind of environment," Olivia explained. "We are like an old married couple already, you realize this right?" Olivia said staring at Tom.

"Why do you say that Liv?" he asked her.

"Look at us. It's only 8 o'clock and we already have our pajamas on," Olivia laughed.

"Babe, trust me, an old woman would not dress like that," Tom said looking at Olivia's shorts. She pulled them down a little bit, embarrassed. They pulled into the Gronkowski driveway and ran to the house. Tom walked right in holding Olivia's hand. Sarah was running around trying to get everything packed and Rob was trying to get Kain to sleep. Sarah stopped long enough to thank Tom and Olivia and give Olivia a hug. Olivia could tell that she had been crying before they got there. When Sarah was out of earshot Tom whispered to Rob "What's the situation?"

"He was walking their dog when a car swerved and hit him. Car never even stopped. He has internal bleeding and a few broken bones. They were doing surgery and should be done by the time we get there," Rob whispered back. Olivia took Kain from him and Tom grabbed Kain's baby bag that Sarah already packed.

"Well keep us posted and we will take care of him just fine," Olivia said giving her friend one last hug. Sarah started crying again, this was the first time she ever left Kain. Rob kissed his boy on the head. Tom and Olivia strapped him in the carseat together and went back home.

Olivia fed Kain a bottle as Tom struggled to put the Pack N Play together. Olivia laughed at him. "Looks like I got the easy job," she said to him as she put her feet up on the coffee table. Tom was getting mad.

"You know you can be a real pain in my ass sometimes?" Tom snarled at her.

"But you love me anyways!" Olivia smiled back at him. Tom finally got the bed together and Kain fell asleep. He was such an easy baby and he loved his Aunt Olivia.

"You know you look good with a baby in your arms," Tom said raising an eyebrow at her.

"Babe, please. I always look good," Olivia said sarcastically.

"Whatever you say. I'm going to bed. That baby bed thing wore me out," Tom said leaning over Olivia and kissing her goodnight.

"Goodnight cranky," Olivia said as Tom went down the hallway.  Olivia went to bed shortly after him. Kain started crying an hour after she went to bed. "Tom, Tom wake up, it's your turn," she said nudging Tom to wake up. He grudgingly got up, gave Kain his pacifier and came back to bed. Olivia woke up the other three times with him.

Tom woke up the next morning well rested and wide awake. By the time he finally woke up Olivia was on her 3rd cup of coffee. "Since I did all of the work last night, you can go get me more coffee. I drank all of ours," Olivia said sassily.

"Man, your sister wasn't kidding about waking you up. Good morning beautiful. I'm guessing Kain had you awake more times than he had me awake," Tom said sitting at the breakfast bar.

"Don't get me wrong, I love Kain to death, but why does he always wake up," Olivia said putting her head down on the counter. She looked as though she would fall asleep right there.

By the third night, Tom and Olivia had Kain down to waking up only two times instead of four. Each of them got up once with him. "You know if he sleeps like this, having kids isn't so bad," Olivia said.

"What are you saying Olivia?" Tom asked excitedly.

"I think I'm ready to have a baby," she said smiling at Tom. Tom gave her the brightest smile.