11 || promise

The next morning Olivia came down the steps to her dad and Tom talking. She smiled at the thought of them bonding. "Good morning, beautiful," Tom said standing up to meet his girlfriend with a kiss. "I was thinking we could go for a walk in the woods today," Tom said.

    "That sounds great, I'll go get ready," Olivia told him running back up the stairs. When Olivia said she was going to get ready Tom thought she just meant get dressed and put a jacket on. He had been waiting for almost an hour, when she finally came back down. He saw why it took her so long, she put on makeup and curled her hair. She was stunning, her big brown eyes looked even bigger and browner. Her nose crinkled a little and she gave Tom a playful smile. Tom took her hand in his and set off on their walk. Olivia lived right next to the woods and her dad made a walking trail in it. They walked in sync with each other, hand in hand.

    "I'm so glad you are okay after the accident. How does your shoulder feel?" Tom asked her. He was always so worried about her.

    "It feels really good. The physical therapist says I'm making great improvements and it should be fully healed in a month or so," Olivia said. They walked on for a while, enjoying each others company and nature. Tom pulled Olivia to a stop. He sat her down on a tree stump next to the trail. "Tom what are you doing?" Olivia asked him with a smile.

    "Olivia, I love you," he got down on his knees so he was at the same height as her. "I don't know what I would have done if you didn't make it out of that accident. It really made me realize how much I need you," he said. He pulled a ring out of his pocket. "This is a promise ring. It symbolizes my promise that I will marry you someday, and my promise that I will always love you. Will you please accept it?" Tom gushed.

    "Of course I will Tom. Of course I will," Olivia said, as Tom slid the ring on her finger. She pulled him in for a kiss.

    "Merry Christmas babe," he said between kisses. They walked back and it began to snow outside. It was absolutely beautiful.

    "What is your dream Tom?" Olivia asked holding on to him.

    "I'm looking at her," Tom said looking at Olivia.

    "Tom, seriously, what is your dream," Olivia asked again.

    "My dream, let me think. If I lived in a dream world, we would live in Boston. We would be married and live in a big house, with a vacation home out here. We would have 3 kids, 2 boys and a girl. Hopefully they would get their looks from you. We would have a bulldog named Biggie and he would have a cute little dog house in the backuard. I would be in the NFL still and have 5 more rings to add to the collection. Yeah, thats my dream," Tom said to her. Olivia giggled. "What's your dream?"

    "My dream, I would be married to you. I would be working as a broadcaster for someone. We would have 4 kids, 2 of each, hopefully they would look like you! We would have a nice house right outside of Boston. Our kids would grow up being best friends with Rob, Julian, and Danny's kids-" Olivia was saying before she was cut off.

    "I forgot to tell you! Sarah and Rob are having a baby!" Tom said excitedly.

    "Are you serious? Good for them!" Olivia said half excited, half jealous. One day that would be her and Tom.

    "I can't wait for that to be us someday," Tom said. Olivia smiled at that and became all excited and not jealous. She wouldn't trade her life for anything. When they got back to the house Olivia's sister and brother were there and were ready to open presents. Tom bought all of them Patriots gear and tickets. Even though only one of Olivia's nephews was a true Patriots fan, they were all so excited.

    "You know Tom," Olivia's brother Ryan started, "I was really nervous about my sister dating you because I thought you were this tough guy who didn't want a girlfriend and was too good for everyone, but now after getting to know you, I'm really glad you two got together."

    "He may look like a tough guy but he's just a soft teddy bear," Olivia, who was sitting on Tom's lap, said pinching Tom's cheeks and laughing. Tom blushed.

    "Thanks man, I'm glad to be here" he said bumping Ryan's knuckles. "Unfortunately, me and Olivia have to leave in the morning to fly out to California to celebrate with my family. But I will see you all in two weeks at the game in Boston," Tom said.

The next morning Tom and Olivia said their goodbyes and Merry Christmas' and left. They boarded Tom's private jet and were en route to California. "This is the first time I have ever been on your private jet Tom, or any private jet for that matter," Olivia said with her head resting on Tom's shoulder.

"Enjoy yourself. This may be the first time, but there will never be a last time," Tom said kissing her forehead. Olivia was kind of nervous, she never met Tom's parents or his sisters before. They got off the plane and Tom's family was there waiting. They pulled Tom in for a hug as Olivia stood off to the side. "Guys, this is Olivia. I know you will love her because I do," Tom said pulling Olivia in front of him.

"Hi. Nice to meet you," Olivia said and she was instantly wrapped in a hug. Tom laughed. Olivia loved that laugh.