Part 95

-----------------------Mr. Kim & yn-------------------------
..................................................................................

"Appa, why is life not easy?"

"If life is easy, my daughter, then nobody knows what a problem looks like. If everything in life is simple, my love, then no one understands what a challenge is. Therefore, no one can successfully pursue a peaceful life through hard work. No one can work their way to a peaceful life. Because of this, life has a plan, but nobody is aware of what the plan is. Life will never be easy, sweetheart. You have to make an easy life to have a peaceful life. Life will never be simple; in order to live in peace, you must make your life simple. Sweetheart, the reality is that our lives will be full of ups and downs."

“But it's not necessary that everyone's life needs to be simple; everyone's life plan is what makes their life simple, isn't it, appa?”

"Do you know, appa, I've never asked for a simple life ever in my entire life to ask for. I've always wanted to feel safe, to feel a sense of belonging. You know, appa, I've never experienced that till now. Life can never be simple."

“No one's life is ever simple. Princess, they have to work hard; they have to move forward; they have to take steps to change their lives, to make them simple, to make them peaceful. Until you do it yourself, life will never become simple, nor will you ever be able to live in peace.”

“But what about someone who doesn't have the right to do anything, who doesn't even have the right to think about their own life, nor to make decisions for themselves, or to move forward? Even not just that, Appa. What about someone who doesn't even have the right to live, to the extent that they don't even have the right to take a breath of their own will? What should they do to lead a simple life?”

He stops and just looks at his precious daughter. He doesn’t know what he should say. He doesn't have any answers to tell his daughter, but ultimately, his daughter has asked, and it is every parent’s responsibility to answer all the questions of their children's questions and to find ways to help them navigate through life's challenges.

“Everyone has rights; as soon as we are born, we are endowed with our rights, and we are granted the freedom to live our lives. If, for some reason, we don't receive them, we must strive to obtain them. Sweetheart, sometimes life brings us to a point where we must be selfish to save our own lives. Whenever it seems like everything is being taken away from us, we should do the same. This world is so harsh that it never gives anything for free; if we want something, we must give something in return, and sometimes, even after giving something, we still don't get what we desire. That's why, when we don't receive what we deserve after asking for it or giving something in return, we have to snatch it. And this is the rule of life. When we don't receive what we ask for, we take it by force.”

“Appa, what about someone who has their freedom taken away from the moment they are born? In that case, they don't even have the right to take it back. So, according to you, how should their simple life be?”

Appa, my birth itself has turned my entire life into a curse. What fault was it of mine that I am a daughter or that my mother is your wife? Was I born just to endure pain, without even knowing what I had done to deserve such suffering? Or is it also because of your wife's actions that I am bearing this punishment? After all, she is my mother, and every child bears the consequences of their parents' actions. But, Appa, where is my fault in all of this? Is my birth a huge mistake for me? Why didn't I die right after being born, appa?”