Chapter 1

Walking out onto the very large patio of her grandfathers house she saw one of the maids struggling and rushed over to help. "Whoa, whoa, Carla. Let me help you." she grabbed the tray "Here, I got it." Giving Carla a chance to regain her composure Sera carefully handed the tray back "There you go."

"Thank you, Ms. Silver." Carla said walking away with a small smile on her face. 

In the corner of her eye Sera spotted an old looking man walking towards her grandfather Mr. Terry Silver. It was unusual as he did not have his usual guest greeting face. If she focused enough she could just find out what they were saying. 

"What do you want?" Silver asked sternly.  The man raised his hands in peace "I'm not here to cause any trouble. I just want to catch up. You know, for old times sake."

Cheyenne walked over to Sera "Ah Seraphina, darling. How are you? Do you know who your grandfather is talking to?" 

Rolling her eyes at the gold digger Sera said "No" sighing she walked to wards them "Uh, excuse me for a second." Cheyenne followed behind eagerly and asked "Everything okay, babe?"

Her grandfather replaced his smile "This is John Kreese. An old friend." the way Silver gritted his teeth was instantly a sign to Sera that he was not welcome here. Clearly Cheyenne did not understand "Well, any friend of Terrance is a friend of mine. Hi, I'm Cheyenne."

"Pleasure." the man, John Kreese smiled before smirking back at his friend "So, Terrance, you've actually tied the knot, huh?"

"Oh, no. We're not married. That was in Terrance's past. Him and I are enjoying the journey for now." Cheyenne explained. 

Kreese turned to Sera "And who might you be?" Sera stared him down "I'm Seraphina Silver." The old man's eyes widened in surprise "So you-" Terry placed his arm around his granddaughters shoulder and shook her lightly "Yes, this is my granddaughter"  

Breaking the odd tension Cheyenne asked "So now that everyone's acquainted, we are just having some hors d'oeuvres. Would you join us?-" 

"John just -" her grandfather began before being cut off my Kreese once more " Oh, that would be splendid."

"Great. How about a mimosa?" Cheyenne offered. Kreese smiled "How about two?"

Next thing Sera knew she was sat on the right side of her grandfather. She watched meticulously as Kreese wearily picked up the food he was being offered "Ooh. It's a vegan tofu skewer. Totally organic. Just, uh, dip it in the cilantro cashew sauce. It's to die for." Cheyenne smiled.  

Putting it back down in a rush Kreese shook his head "No, thank you. I'm just not hungry." Sera could only stifle a giggle as Kreese rolled his eyes. 

"So you and my grandfather, you've known each other for a while?" Sera inquired. With a nod he clarified "Fifty years. We met in 'Nam. Special Forces."

"But you never told me you were in the military." Cheyenne gasped in surprise. "There's not much to tell." Silver assured.  

Kresse's face remained emotionless but there was a shift in the air "Right. Not much." noticing the guy not far away had been studying him for a while Kreese called the man out "Something I can help you with, bud? "

The guy smiled "You have a Habsburg jawline." he pointed out "I've never seen one quite so perfect." Kreese smiled politely and with a sarcastic sigh commented "What nice new friends you have, Terrance."

Cheyenne clung to Terry's left arm "Terrance was kind enough to host the launch of my new mindfulness app. Unfortunately, most of the schools outside of Los Angeles, they don't teach mindfulness, so I figured why not create an app where kids in places like Ohio, for example, can learn it for themselves?" 

"Ah, I'm sure kids would love that." Kreese assured before explaining "Terrance and I have a history of teaching children, with martial arts'." Martial Arts. Sera remembered being told stories about her families involvement in martial arts.

"Oh, that's right." Cheyenne recalled "You did mention something about a karate team once. Um. What was it called again? The Vipers? - " she guessed. 

Suddenly Sera remembered about the stories "Cobra Kai.-" Kreese looked at her in surprise "Yes, Cobra Kai" 

"That's adorable!" a guy explained "I had no idea you had karate phases." Kreese's face hardened "Karate is not a phase. It's a way of life. You can leave it for a while, but it never really leaves you."

After the party had finished Sera watched intrigued as her grandfather searched for Kreese. "Nice view from up here." the man commented. 

"I guess you get what you pay for. Is that what you want, John? A check?" Terry asked.  

"I wanna finish what we started." Kreese told him. Sera assumed this was to do with Cobra Kai but still she listened on " Finish what we started." Silver asked "Just like we were supposed to do 35 years ago? Before you vanished?" 

With a sigh Kreese gave excuses "I was in a bad place. There's no question about that. But I'm back now, and you can be too. "

"Look around. I'm doing just fine. I'm rich, stable and have a great family" Even Sera wasn't convinced by her grandfather's words.  

"Are you? Because the Terry Silver that I knew would have round housed old four-eyes back there for calling Cobra Kai "adorable." " Sera smiled "Do you remember when we got back from 'Nam? We went through hell watching our friends die, only to be welcomed home by a bunch of hippies calling us killers." John Kreese's voice hardened "People needed to learn some respect, some discipline. That's why we started Cobra Kai. Together, we made a difference." 

Hesitantly Silver agreed "Yeah.- We did.- " 

"We can do it again. There's a whole new generation out there that can use what we know. The only thing standing in our way is Daniel LaRusso." Kreeses spat out the name like it was venom in his mouth. 

"Danny boy?" Her grandfather asked surprised. This just led Sera down a rabbit hole of another acquaintance from Silver's past. 

"He's even teamed up with Johnny Lawrence." Kreese added. Silver smirked "Wait, wait. Your champ and LaRusso working together?" 

"That's why I'm here. I need a partner. And the only other person who knows how to teach Cobra Kai is you. What do you say?" Kreese asked hopefully.  

Sighing her grandfather refused "I say no. Back in the '80s, I thought I could conquer the world. And I came pretty damn close. I was so hopped up on cocaine and revenge I spent months terrorizing a teenager over a high school karate tournament. It sounds insane just talking about it. After that tournament, I hit rock bottom. But I built myself back up. Got my ass into therapy, found clarity. Turns out you disappearing was the best thing that ever happened to me." 

"You know, people expect men of our age to pack it in and go off into the sunset. That might work for you. But I still have some fight left in me." he stepped back before saying over his shoulder "Please thank Cheyenne for the tofu."

He bumped into Seraphina on his way out, he gave her a card with a logo of a snake "In case he changes his mind. Or if you're interested in knowing more about your grandfather's mysterious past"

She took the card hesitating momentarily.