Chapter 20

Just like Robby said, Sera started training with the Miyagi-Do and Eagle Fang students. She was expecting to see Johnny Lawrence or Daniel LaRusso, instead she saw Chozen the man from Cobra Kai's Dojo. 

Sera was on alert but Robby placed a comforting hand on her shoulder "Relax babe, he's one of us. Like you he went under cover in Cobra Kai. He uh- Didn't last very long though"

Chozen whistled getting all of the students attention "Line up!" he ordered. Everyone did so resuming a place almost immediately. Sera received a few glares for the others so she decided to stay by Robby's side. 

Sam asked "So where are my dad and Johnny?"

"Not here." Chozen told her bluntly "Today, you train with me. Attention. Bow." they all did so "Cobra Kai gaining ground. We must prepare. Come."

Hawk smirked as he saw the sharp weapons around the sparring deck "This is gonna be badass. Check out that throwing knife."

Chozen whistled recapturing their attention. "Now, we learn about Yanbaru Kuina." Sera looked at him confused, what the hell was that. Looking around everyone else seemed just as confused as she did. 

"What is that? Like, some top-secret karate move? Like a throat rip?" Hawk laughed "I know who we should practice on"

He glanced at Sera who glared back "You'd have to catch me first" Chozen clapped clearly getting annoyed by the students fraying attention span "No. It is bird. In English called Okinawa rail. Endangered. Cannot fly. Hence, endangered."

He revealed a basket of eggs "So these are the real eggs?" Demetri asked curiously studying it. Chozen  laughed "No. Trader Joe's. $3.29. Take egg."

"So what do we do with them?" Robby asked the Sensei who just smirked "Yanbaru Kuina must protect egg. From Kume Shima habu. Poison snake. You must do same." he clapped "Begin your preparation."

"What are we protecting them from?" Miguel asked, worried he already knew the answer. Chozen's smirk grew impossibly larger as he picked up one of his sharp throwing knives "From me"

Chozen began hunting the eggs down, Robby and Seraphina decided to work together as Robby knew the grounds better than she did, but Sera also brought a new perspective. So they decided to bury the egg in a flower bed. Smiling at their hiding place until Robby turned around only to come face to face with Chozen. 

"Birds of feather must flock together." he taunted before throwing the knife into the ground striking both of the eggs while narrowly missing Sera's hand, to which she yelled out "What the hell!"  

They walked over to the deck were they sat with everyone else Chozen had hunted. Finally Hawk stormed over looking annoyed "Welcome to the party." Robby joked light heartedly "How'd he take you out?"

"Shut up. Don't talk to me. Not you or you little snake girlfriend" Hawk scoffed at Robby's attempt at being kind. Sera had enough of this attitude. If Robby hadn't have guessed her next move and grabbed her before she could say anything, she would have pulverised him. 

"If this is about the mohawk, I'm sorry." Robby apologised and Sera relaxed slightly "Anybody knows how Cobra Kai can turn you into an asshole, it's you."

Hawk scoffed again "So I'm an asshole?"

Sera stepped inf front of her boyfriend getting in Hawk's face "Yeah, well, let's see. Uh, you attacked him and Sam at the mall. Y-You broke Demetri's arm. Y-You trashed this entire dojo." Sera would have continued if Demetri hadn't broken up the argument. 

"Guys! Enough! Enough! All right? You're all ex-assholes now. Great." Demetri sighed "Can we focus on the issue at hand? There is a madman out there using weapons on us. Who's even left?"

Soon after Chozen appeared with an annoyed looking Sam and Miguel. Sighing he criticised the class "You are not good Yanbaru Kuina. Snakes will take you down one by one. I have tried to tell you what you must do. But you do not listen. You must learn to adapt. Or soon, you will be extinct." gesturing to the next basket of eggs he told them "Take new eggs. Try again."

Everyone sat down thinking about a strategy "Sensei Toguchi's real cryptic, like Mr. LaRusso, but aggressive like Sensei Lawrence. It's like the hardest part of both styles." Demetri complained with a sigh he sarcastically commented "Can't wait to get our asses kicked again."

"Uh, no. No, um G-Guys, uh, wait. He said that the snakes will take us down one by one. Right?" Anthony asked. They all nodded to confirm it "Just like he took us down one by one, but But what if we weren't a bunch of ones? Like, what if we were-" 

Sam understood what her brother was saying, she finished "Together."

"Yeah, exactly. Like, um, a raiding party in Dungeon Lords." he used an analogy. Hawk and Demetri nodded understanding as well " Yeah, yeah, yeah! Even if you're a level 85, you can't mount an attack on the grand realm alone. You need a team." Hawk explained. 

"Everybody has a special role. The only way we win is if we work together. As one." Demetri added. They devised a strategy to put all the eggs together and form a protective circle to protect it. Some people had been assigned fighting roles while others were charged with defence. 

All the students waited patiently in position waiting for the task to begin. "So we're sure we want to put all our eggs in one basket? You're specifically not supposed to do that." Demetri reminded the group. 

"This is gonna work." Sera assured him. She received a grateful look from Sam. 

A boy on the other side of her began panicking "Oh no, oh no. Oh God" as he saw the Sensei approaching slowly.  

"Get it together, penis breath." Hawk ordered his little goon. Sera rolled her eyes at the stupid nickname. "Has anyone seen him yet?" Miguel asked hesitantly. He suddenly was spotted and Miguel cried out "Oh shit."

"Ready!" Sam yelled. He began trying to attack with his stick, Sera believed it was called a bo. He tried to force his way through the lines but was met with a lot of force. He nearly broke through catching the basket. 

Sera looked at Anthony as she kicked him back suddenly "Grab the eggs" Despite his fear filled eyes Anthony grabbed the basket pulling it further away from Chozen.

Chozen circled the students who remained in fighting stances "Grab the bō! Get the bō. Get it, get it!- Get him, get him!" everyone yelled as Chozen came to attack once more. "Come on!"

"Snake concede." Chozen sighed bowing at his students. Everyone began celebrating "Robby, it worked" Sera smiled. She looked at Anthony complimenting him "Good job. We won that because of your idea"

Sam looked at her gratefully and Sera nodded in acknowledgement. She was making small progress with Miyagi-Do, but a little progress was better than no progress. Everyone resumed their lines at the front of the deck. "This is what we have that Cobra Kai does not. Their movement mile wide, but only inch deep. But our movement, inch wide, but mile deep. Now that you have learned to work together, I will teach you how to master your defence." he smirked at the progress of the kids. 

"Yoshi! Kiotsuke! Hai." he yelled signalling for everyone to bow.