Chapter 4

After the incident yesterday Sera had noticed a significant change in her grandfathers attitude. The morning after he had her pack her bag. "We're moving to another location temporarily. I've taken Kresse's offer to help teach his students"

"Why?" Sera asked curiously. "I understand what's important again. I want you to join me Seraphina, I know you haven't done karate in a great many years but after your display yesterday it is obvious that you still remember. It's become instinct to you. With Cobra Kai you could be this year's champion."

Seeing that hopeful sparkle in her grandfathers eyes she couldn't refuse. After packing they were moved to a leisurely penthouse apartment, it was smaller than what she was used to but it was new. This was going to be a new adventure. 

They entered the Karate Dojo before any students had arrived to set up. As usual her grandfather wanted them to have a grand entrance. 

When class began Sera saw many children boys and girls and it excited her. Sure she had friends at her private school but they all lied and cheated to get what they wanted whether it be money, power or status. Surely theses kids would be different. 

While they were waiting in the office Sera could hear Kreese addressing his students explaining their current situation "Everyone fall in. As you know, our enemies are working together. They are combining their styles to beat us. But they are destined to fail. Because there is only one way. And what is that way?"

Simultaneously the kids all yelled "The Way of the Fist, sir!" 

Sera could practically hear Kreese's smirk "Exactly. However, that doesn't mean that we can't double down." He gestured towards the door "Class, meet Sensei Terry Silver. Co-founder of Cobra Kai and one of the most ferocious fighters in the history of the sport."

Silver walked forward back straight and a harsh look on his facing as he determined each student. "Together, we built Cobra Kai from the ground up, and now he is here to help you prepare for the All Valley."

"Thank you, Sensei Kreese. It's an honour to be here. With two senseis, you will receive twice the instruction. That means twice the work. And if you are not prepared to put in 200%, then you can leave right now. But if you dig in and follow our lead, we're gonna take you to the next level." he spoke encouragingly.  

Kreese recaptured his student's attention "Now students, we have Terry's granddaughter joining us today, as a prodigy of Cobra Kai we expect the utmost respect for Miss Seraphina Silver" Sera walked in determined to make an impression. 

"Fall in Miss. Silver" Kreese ordered. She bowed towards each of the senseis before taking a spot at the back of the class. 

As the class continued she was introduced to many people, Tory, Robby, Kenny, Kyler and some others. Her first encounter was with Kyler, who she was partnered up with for a practice demonstration.

"Hey girl, so you're a rich, hot karate bitch. Good to know. If you ever need help, you know, practicing I'm sure I could fit you into my busy schedule" he wiggled his eyebrows. But to his surprise she roundhouse kicked him before backflipping out of range coming back in to deliver a flying takedown. 

Sera spotted her grandfather and Kreese smirking which made her feel proud, she bowed before returning to her spot next to a blond girl. "Now that was badass" she said "I'm Tory"

Returning her smile she introduced herself "I'm Seraphina, but everyone normally calls me Sera" After practice she went to the backroom to practice some more. She forgot how alive karate had made her feel, it was liberating. 

Sera spotted a boy with short brown hair and a younger boy with dark hair. "Are you guys gonna beat up this Hawk dude?" the young boy asked practicing the same combo repeatedly against the bag.  

"Don't worry about it. Focus on your combos." The brown hair boy diverted. She didn't mean to but Sera found herself advising the young boy "You seem fast. You should really use that speed."

He stopped and smiled before nodding and increasing the speed of the combos. "Let's go. Yep. Again." they continued until they were perfect and Sera just observed. 

"So your Seraphina?" the young boy asked. With a nod he continued "Well I'm Kenny and this" he gestured to the brown haired boy "This is Robby"

"Nice to meet you both" she smiled. "But don't let me interrupt your combos were nearly perfect" Kenny smirked at Robby proudly "Told you I've been practicing. Got all the moves down."

"Oh really?" Robby asked his frown turning to a smirk as Robby took Kenny down in one swoop. "What? Come on." the boy complained. 

"Over at Miyagi-Do, I was taught you can learn all the moves, but none of that matters unless you have balance.- Understood? - " Robby asked. "Yeah." Kenny agreed rubbing the back of his head, he seemed to have hit his head pretty hard on the mat. 

Sera smiled at Robby who smiled back, but almost as quickly as his smile appeared it disappeared "It's It's a Cobra Kai lesson. I was just using a Miyagi-Do..." Robby stuttered.  

Sera turned and saw her grandfather "It's okay." he assured the boy "Balance is crucial. A man can't stand, he can't fight." turning to Kenny he said "Give Mr. Keene, Miss. Silver and me a moment alone." With a bow Kenny obeyed leaving the room "Yes, sensei."

"Sensei Kreese told me all about you. You trained at Miyagi-Do, now Cobra Kai. You'll have enough skills to kick all our asses.-" Sera's grandfather joked.  Robby nodded maintaining his composure as he responded saying "I'll do whatever it takes to win.-" 

"Good." he mused "Show me."

Robby paused for a moment "Wait-What?" Turning to his granddaughter Silver asked "Seraphina dear would you help Mr. Keene?" Nodding swiftly Sera agreed "Yes grandfather" she took a fighting stance but Robby still hadn't moved. 

"What's the matter?" Silver asked "You afraid to hit a girl? Come on. Show me." he pressured. Robby made a few weak punches towards her "Did I say take it easy? Come on. No mercy!" Silver yelled. 

With an apologetic sigh Robby began fighting her. Sera noticed he was agile and powerful she had all odds stacked against her. She had no choice but to go on the defence but eventually he caught her out striking her just hard enough to knock her to the ground.

"You've learned to channel your anger, but you're afraid.-" Silver observed as he signalled for Sera to stand up. She did so but winced in pain from where she'd hit the round.  

Robby scoffed "I'm not afraid of anything.- "

"You lying to me or yourself?" Silver questioned "If you wanna be a champion, you need to dig out that fear and face it, whatever it is. Because if you don't, it's gonna hold you back forever." he advised "Understood?" 

"Yes, sensei." Robby said with conviction. Silver smirked "Good." and he left.

Robby quickly went over to Sera "Hey" he anxiously rubbed his neck "Sorry about that" Sera shrugged "It's, you just caught me off guard that's all"

"How about I make it up to you?" he asked. Sera rolled her eyes "I swear to good Keene I will roundhouse you harder than Kyler if you-"

He interrupted quickly worrying about what she thought he was insinuating "No. No. God no. I'm nothing like that. Me and some kids from Cobra Kai were going to a drive in theatre tonight, do you want to come?"

Sera paused "It seemed fun but she wasn't sure what her grandfather would think she shrugged "Sure, what time is it?"

"Seven" he told her. Sera agreed "Okay, so do you want to pick me up or..." he trailed off as he began to rub his neck anxiously "I don't have a car" he explained. 

"Oh, really?" she asked surprised "Okay, well you message me your address and I'll pick you up"

She began to walk away when Robby called out "Wait I don't have your number"

Sera smirked back at him "Are you sure Keene?" when she left Robby was confused until he looked inside his bag and discovered a piece of paper with her number on it. He smirked to himself, when had she put that there?