Chapter 12

After a short break the quarter finals were being determined "Our next quarterfinal match will be Samantha LaRusso of Miyagi-Do Karate versus Seraphina Silver of Cobra Kai."

Sam stepped onto the mat and Sera smirked. "Face each other. Bow."

"You got this, Sam!" her father cheered "Just like we practiced!"

The referee looked between the girls "Ready? And fight!"

Sera used Miyagi-Do moves to set a trap and she got the first point. "Point! One-zero." the ref called.  Looking over Sera noticed Cobra Kai was cheering for her, looking at her grandfather he just nodded in slightly acknowledgement. "Go, Sera! Go!" She smiled as she could hear Robby the loudest. 

As Sam and Sera resumed their fighting stances Sera decided to get into her head and thrown Sam off. "Robby said Miyagi-Do was for defence only." She smirked "And without your defence, you have nothing."

"Ready?" the ref asked, he signalled for the fight to start "Fight!" 

It was a very close fight. 

"Point LaRusso! "

"Point Silver!"

"Point LaRusso!" 

"Point LaRusso!" 

"Yes!" Sam cheered having won the last point. Sera was so angry she just wanted to take Sam down but instead she stormed off the mat.  

The referee raised her arm yelling "Winner!"

"What was that out there?" Sensei Silver asked harshly gesturing to the mat. 

Sera was surprised by his sudden aggression, she tried to explain herself "I'm sorry I thought- she used an illegal move-" but her cut her off "But you didn't think did you"

"But I-" Sera tried again "Take a seat Miss Silver or leave. You are jeopardising the team" her grandfather ordered. Nodding she did "Yes Sensei"

She sat down next to Robby who turned to his girlfriend worriedly "Hey babe its-

"It's not okay, it was an illegal move she shouldn't have-"

"Sera calm down" Robby told her. Sera turned to him and glared, Robby quickly threw his hands up in retreat. Kenny walked over, not sensing the growing tension in the room "I don't get why they're having us fight.-"

Robby used it as an excuse to change topic, he knew she was angry but arguing wouldn't solve anything. "Just the luck of the draw. No matter what happens, the fact that you made it this far at your age is a huge deal. Your brothers gonna be impressed."

"Well, I owe it all to you. You changed my whole life." he smirked and lightly punched Robby's arm "But don't think I'm going easy on you now, old man"

Sera unknowingly found a smile coming to her lips at Kenny's stupid sense of humour. Robby messed up Kenny's hair "Yeah, okay, wiseass.-See you out there."

"All right. For our final quarterfinal match, we have a real snake fight. Its Cobra Kai versus Cobra Kai." they announced. 

Robby was about to get on the mat when Sera called his name quickly "Robby" turning around curiously he asked "Yeah?"

"Good luck" she gave him a small smile before adding "Don't hurt him too much"

Robby nodded getting on the mat. "Face each other. Bow. Ready? And fight!" the fight commenced. 

Robby hesitantly struck Kenny who dodged backwards. Robby blocked Kenny's kick and the two punched afterwards. Kenny's speed increased and he struck Robby hard enough in the chest the chest that he winced. 

"Point!" The ref yelled out. Robby seemed confused as he kept gazing to where Kenny had struck him. Kreese called for a time out and Robby went to his Sensei. Sera came over and heard Kreese ask Robby "Are you fighting your friend or your opponent. I thought you wanted to be a champion" he goaded. 

"Competitors on you lines" the referee ordered and the two did so. Sera caught a glimpse of Robby's eyes and she saw nothing of the boy she knew. "Ready? And fight!"

Robby side kicked Kenny across the face sending him to the floor but also gaining him a point. Sera gasped. 

"On your marks. Fight!" 

Robby again manage to strike Kenny this time in the chest. The impact was so hard Kenny flew backwards landing weirdly. 

"Fighters ready? Fight!"  

Kenny was putting so much effort into the fight while Robby dodged effortlessly it looked like Robby hit Kenny but the refer called out "No point. Continue"

Robby struck Kenny in the back with a kick. "No point. Continue" It was like Robby was toying with Kenny. Robby gestured for Kenny to run at him and when Kenny fell for the trap Robby performed a spinning kick striking him so hard across the face that he was knocked completely to the ground. 

Sera gasped, eyes widening. "Winner!" The ref yelled raising Robby's arm above his head. Afterwards the ref lifted Kenny up who was gripping his nose groaning "Are you alright?" he asked. 

Sera saw Robby's hard glare soften as he looked at Kenny who quickly got up storming to the changing room with a huff. 

"Robby, you good?" Tory asked as he went after Kenny. Not really acknowledging her he agreed "Yeah."

Tory walked back over to Sera "He says he's okay" Tory explained, looking at her friend worriedly she asked "Are you okay?" 

Nodding but not entirely there Sera agreed "Yeah. Focus on your fight. I just, um I just need to clear my head."

Sera went to the changing room and changed out of her gi. All she could see when she looked at it was the harsh glare in Robby's eyes and the echoing impact of Kenny's head with the mat. 

She needed to get away for a bit ,leaving her stuff she ran out of the building and found a tree a nearby park which she sat against knees raised to her chest. Sera lost track of time and didn't even realise she had missed Robby's big fight. 

After Robby lost to Hawk he searched for his girlfriend, he hadn't seen her since the start of his match with Kenny. 

He ran into Tory who was exiting the changing room "Hey Tory have you seen Sera?"

Tory nodded gesturing to the door "She went outside last time I checked-" Robby was about to leave when Tory grabbed him quickly "Be careful, there's something wrong. Just don't do anything to annoy her"

"It's okay, thanks." Robby said pulling out of her grasp going to find his girlfriend.

When he'd stepped out Tory let out a sigh "Good luck."