Chapter 11

Sera and Robby had been dating for a few weeks now and their relationship had surprised no one. Apparently they had all made bets and Tory was very pleased for the pair as she was now $100 up. 

Today was The All Valley Championship. It had been changed so instead of just the championship there was a point system. First was a Skills test of weapon wielding and Kata. Then there were two separate championship titles one for girls and one for boys. At the end the Dojo with the most points would be crowned with the Grand Championship. 

Everyone was preparing in the changing rooms waiting to be announced. Cobra Kai lined up waiting. "This next dojo took last years title. But they're under new management. Can they reign supreme once more?" they ran out and the crowd began cheering. 

Robby lead the group with Sera next to him. "And last years runner-up. He may be wearing a new gi, but one thing's for sure, Robby Keene and his team are ready to strike! Hailing from Reseda, defending champions and still the most badass name for a dojo, here comes Cobra Kai!"

The man then announced the return of Miyagi-Do Karate before introducing Eagle Fang. "Every year, a new dojo rises up the ranks. Does this newcomer have what it takes to win it all? Please welcome Eagle Fang Karate, led by Sensei Johnny Lawrence and defending champion Miguel Diaz!"

All the Dojos were lined up in their selected mats. "At the end of the day, only one of these dojos can be crowned Grand Champion. Welcome to the 51st annual All Valley Under-18 Karate Tournament!" he winked to the audience "It's karate time."

"All right, fall in." Kreese told his students. They quietened down and listened. "All your training has brought you to this moment. Remember, if you win, you don't just get a trophy. You get the glory. And you get to know forever that you are a champion. I have had students with all the talent in the world squander their moment. Do not let history repeat itself. Do not let your emotions cloud your judgment. And above all, do not let anything stand in the way of your victory."

Silver cleared his throat "Just to be clear. That's not a pep talk. That's an order. And we're all gonna follow Sensei Kreese's orders today, aren't we?" he asked.

"Yes, Sensei.-" everyone responded. 

"Aren't we?" Silver repeated louder. "Yes, Sensei!" they yelled strongly. The senseis nodded in approval to each other and their students before ushering them away. 

"Let's go win this!" Cobra Kai yelled "Come on!"

"Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to begin our skills competition." They announced. The skills competition required 2 competitors. 1 to perform with a weapon of choice while the other performed a kata. 

For Cobra Kai Tory was selected with her samurai sword and Robby was chosen for the Kata display. Tory's sword practice was on point and she received the highest points. Robby received the most points as he performed his Kata perfectly. When he stepped off the mat Sera gave him a quick kiss "You did great, babe" 

After the skills competition Cobra Kai was in the lead with Miyagi-Do in second place and finally in sixth was Eagle Fang. 

After that the fights began Sera won every single match she fought in making her way to the quarterfinals. She stood proudly on the mat before her grandfather. 

"All right, folks. We've witnessed some great fighting today. But you ain't seen nothing yet. Because we have arrived at the quarterfinals! Which means things are about to get intense. Of the eight boys and eight girls on this stage, one of each will be named All Valley champion. And then we'll tally all the points to determine which dojo has earned the title of Grand Champion. And since the points get higher in each round it's still any dojo's game! So you keep your eyes on this here blue mat, because we are just getting started!"

They took a break before starting the quarterfinals.