Chapter 2

The next morning Sera came to the downstairs deck for breakfast. "Good morning grandfather" she signalled. He smiled back at her "Seraphina, dear how are you this morning?"

"I'm okay" looking at the iPad in his hand Sera asked "What's that for?" 

"I'm glad you asked, when you own the family business you'll need to do this too" he signalled for her to take a seat next to him instead of her usual place across the table. "At Tokyo stock market yesterday, Nikkei stock average saw a rebound. It ended with 29,825.52 Yen, 160.79 Yen higher than last week, which shows 0.56% increase."

Staring at the numbers and graphs this early in the morning gave her a headache. "Are you alright Seraphina?" Wincing through the pain she nodded "Yes grandfather. I'm fine"

Just then the personal chef walked out with two silver covered platters. Looking at  the small family he asked "Will Ms. Cheyenne be joining? I can make a third plate."

"No. No, not today." Silver waved the chef off. Sera smiled to herself, at least she didn't have to deal with Little Miss Gold Digger this morning. 

"Very well. For breakfast, I have prepared something special. Mr. Silver?-" he placed the platters in front of the pair. With a dramatic flair he revealed a crème broule.  Sera clapped knowing this was probably about as exciting as the day was going to be. 

Pulling out a blow torch to light the sugary fire the chef discovered the blowtorch was a little stiff. It took a couple of tries but the torch lit and the chef began making a fiery masterpiece which greatly amused Sera.

"Grandfather wasn't that amazing?" she asked hopefully, instead when she looked at Silver his eyes had darkened by 3 shades. "Grandfather?" she asked worriedly. 

"What?" he snapped out of his trance like daze, upon noticing his worried staff and grandchild he immediately apologised "Sorry. I think I'm gonna skip breakfast today.-" 

"Should I call the doctor? -" the chef asked worriedly. "No! No. I'm just gonna go for a little ride, clear my head." he assured. 

"May I come as well grandfather?" Sera asked hopeful. Reluctantly he agreed and the two embarked down the road.