Chapter 3

Sera and Terry drove all the way from their house on the coast to the centre of town where they pulled into a crappy looking strip-mall. 

"Grandfather-What are we doing here?" looking around she noticed a familiar snake logo in the corner of the mall. Cobra Kai. 

"Seraphina wait in the car, this should only take a moment." Silver instructed. 

"No I want to come with you" she insisted stubbornly. With a sigh he yet again relented. Walking into the Karate Dojo she was reminded of her past experiences with Karate.

Her father had got her into lessons when she was young but after he left she'd stopped. Sera quickly threw the memories from her mind. "Turn around, you son of a bitch." Silver ordered 

Slowly Kreese did and Sera immediately saw the smirk on his face "Well, well, well. Look who's here." He mused. Silver gritted his teeth "You know exactly what you did." He pointed threateningly "I was living a perfectly happy life and you had to go mess with my head by dredging up the past."

With a shrug Kreese reminded "I just reached out to an old friend. But if the past bothers you so much, maybe you've got some unresolved issues. Mm." He turned to Sera expectantly and asked "What do you think Seraphina?"

"Stay away from my family Kreese" Silver threatened. Kreese chuckler "Alright I will but I can't promise that she will stay away from Cobra Kai. I mean that's why she took the business card yesterday"

Silver sharply looked at her. "Sera? Did you?"

Hanging her head Sera sighed "I did but I was only curious" Silver gently tapped her shoulder comfortingly "It's okay dear". He glared at Kreese "I told you, I got over my issues.-"

"Really?-" Kreese asked "Or did you just lock those memories away so long you forgot who you are?"

"Was! "Was," Johnny." Silver yelled startling his granddaughter who took a step back.

"Oh yeah." Kreese baited "You're a better man now. Is that why you're here? To tell me how wonderful your life is? Or did you look in the mirror and realize what you've become? You're just an old man in the last chapter of his life, clinging to some bullshit happy ending."

With a heavy sigh Silver began taking his shoes off "Now we're talkin'." Kreese laughed.

Stepping on the mat Silver took a Fighting stance "Why couldn't you let sleeping dogs lie? There are hundreds of other senseis in the Valley that could help you win your little war."

"There is no one in the world I trust more than you." Kreese explained. "This isn't my fight." Silver argued "Not anymore. And it's especially not her fight" he gestured to his grandchild.

Smirking Kreese explained "If you believed that, you wouldn't be standing here. You miss this, don't ya?" Moving closer to each other Silver yelled "I don't miss a goddamn thing."

Kreese called him out "Bullshit. I can see it in your eyes. You've gotten this far, Terry. What's stopping you now?" He was goading her grandfather into fighting. Quickly slipping off her shoes Sera got ready to interrupt the fight.

"Afraid you're a little rusty?" Kreese asked. Just as Silver was about to strike Sera separated them with a harsh kick to Kreese which sent him flying backwards.

"Not bad. Not bad at all." Kreese laughed.

"We shouldn't have come." Silver said putting on his shoes signalling for Sera to do the same.  

As they were leaving Sera heard Kreese "But you did. You know, not all the memories were bad. But the ones that were, we got through them together. There's still time to finish what we started. The choice is yours."