Chapter 25

The next day instead of going back to training at Miyagi-Do Seraphina decided to go to the Cobra Kai flagship, to make sure she eased some of the burden off of Tory. 

"Nichols. Double time." a Sensei ordered. Reluctantly she did so. To take the harsh glare off of Tory Sera purposely slowed down getting her noticed. "Silver after your performance yesterday do you really think you can slack off"

Sera sped up again sending a small smile at Tory who returned it. "What reason did she give for leaving the exhibition?" Sensei Silver asked his partner. 

"Lies." the woman told him. Silver scoffed "LaRusso. Lawrence. Toguchi. They'll all pay for that little stunt they pulled with the Sekai Taikai. They are mosquitos. And the next time an unwanted pest lands on our arm, we will swat them."

Suddenly Robby strolled into the flagship Dojo. "Mr. Keene. To what do we owe the pleasure?" Silver asked. He signalled for his students to stop and rise. Everyone in the room was staring at Robby.  

Sera refused to make eye contact despite his many attempts with her. He sighed "I came here to apologize. I let you down. Turned my back on you. I didn't understand at the time, but I realize I was wrong. I shouldn't have just left."

His face turned hard "I should have taken you all with me. Everything you're taught here is bullshit. There is pain in this dojo and it's built upon fear, because this man" he gestured to Sensei Silver "is not your sensei, he is your enemy. But it's not too late. You're not past the point of no return. And I promise, there's still another way."

Silver chuckled a little "Bold move, Mr. Keene. Bold move. We've heard you out. Now it's my turn to speak." he looked at his students ordering "Joon-bee stance! Right leg back, kia!"

"Kia!" the class echoed back after completing the combination of moves. "Forward strike, side kick, kia" he instructed again "Kia!" they echoed back once more. 

Silver smirked at Robby who stared confused at the display "There's a difference between being heard and being listened to. They heard you. But they listen to me. Now if you don't mind, we've got some training to do."

Turing to his class he asked "If Mr. Keene or any of his friends step foot in this dojo again ,what will you show them?"

"No mercy, sir!" they echoed back. Silver clapped "All right. Back to it."

Sera looked at Robby and sighed as he left. 

The class was doing some laps around the mat as a cool down before the end of practice "Come on, let's go, let's go. All right. That's enough." everyone slowed to a stop as Silver ordered "Attention. Bow. Dismissed."

"Except you, Miss Silver. I need you to stay a little longer." Silvers partner ordered. After everyone else had left some Senseis produced a board breaking holder, but instead of boards it held stone. 

"What is this?" Sera asked confused. "This is your enemy." she explained simply, gesturing towards it she ordered "Destroy it."

Studying the machine she chuckled little "It's solid stone." looking at the Sensei, who still had a hard face, she realised she was serious "I'll break my hand."

"It will heal in time for the tournament." she excused gesturing once more to the stones. 

"This is crazy." Sera exclaimed "I'm going home." as she turned to leave three other sensei's blocked her path.

"You will go home when the lesson is over." The sensei explained. With a sigh Sera walked back to the stones. lining up her hand she went to strike the stone. She punched it retracting her hand at the pain "Not hard enough. To break it, you must use all your power."

Sera tried again the pain in her hand was uncomfortable verging on the edge of painful an=s she gritted her teeth "Are you even trying?" the sensei taunted "Something is holding you back."

Sera tried again and her knuckles began to bleed. "I-I can't do it." she exclaimed holing her hand. "It's the boy, isn't it?" the sensei asked "You act strong, but inside you're soft."

"That's not true!" Sera told her growing angrier by the minute. "Your feelings have made you weak." the Sensei taunted. 

Seraphina didn't want to listen anymore so she covered her ears yelling "No!" 

"You care more about this boy than your own dojo!" the sensi yelled. Winding up a strike to hit the sensei Sera yelled "I broke up with him because of this dojo, you bitch!" the sensei dodged and her hand hit the solid stone breaking it into two. 

Sera fell to her knees tears leaked out of her eyes as she gritted her teeth through the sobs that wracked her body. 

"That must have been a hard decision. But you made the right choice. Let's hope you keep making them. Lesson over." and everyone left her alone in the dojo. Staring at her broken hand Sera knew she couldn't go home. 

There was only one place she immediately thought about.