Chapter 19

A few days later around 7 at night Sera got a call from Robby "Hey Robby everything okay?"

"Sort of, but not entirely some stuff's going down with Mr LaRusso and I need your help." Robby told her quickly. She understood "Of course should I meet you there or-"

"Yeah can you pick me up on the way" He told her. Sera quickly got into her car and picked up Robby before driving them to the address they'd been given. It was an old Japanese style house. When they were there they watched Mr LaRusso talking to his wife Amanda and his daughter Sam. 

"But what if standing up to Silver just makes things worse again? Every time I try to fight for what's right, somebody gets hurt. I can't fail these kids again." Mr LaRusso explained sadly.

Robby and Seraphina stepped into the room "You didn't fail me." Robby explained. 

Sera didn't have to look to be able to tell that Sam was glairing daggers at her "Sam and my dad told me what was going on." Robby continued "You know, when you first met me, I was a messed-up kid. But you gave me a job. And a home. And a purpose. You can't just give up."

Daniel LaRusso stopped "Robby, the things I did ,juvie, I was-" he paused "I was just trying to help you."

"No, I'm I'm sorry. I should've listened to you about Cobra Kai. But I didn't understand until I started mentoring someone myself. Now Silver's got a hold on this kid." Robby's voice strained ats he mentioned Kenny. 

Sera grabbed his hand slowly "There's some others in there I care about too, and, uh, we need to stop Cobra Kai. But we can't do it without you. Sensei." Robby finished. 

"Dad, not everyone has someone like you to protect them and teach them. It's time that all of us join this fight." Sam told him sternly. "All of us?" Daniel LaRusso asked confused. 

"You're not alone anymore. So what do you say, Dad?" Sam held out her hand for him "Will you fight?"

Taking his daughter's hand he smiled "Yes" He looked around at the room of people happily before his eyes fell of Sera. "So you must be Silver's daughter"

"Granddaughter" Robby explained as Seraphina hung her head. He whispered to Mr LaRusso "Please don't talk about it"

"Fine" Daniel LaRusso agreed. Sam cut in "Why is she here?"

"I want to get out of Cobra Kai. I hate it there after what I've seen it do to me, my friends, my grandfather. Before Karate came back into his life he loved me. I was his future, his legacy" Seraphina's eyebrows knitted together "Cobra Kai is his legacy now I want to show him I can fight, I want to take Cobra Kai away from him, I want to save my friends."

Daniel smiled "Welcome to Miyagi-Do Karate" he bowed to her which she then reciprocated out of respect. Just as everyone was about to leave Seraphina asked to talk to Mr LaRusso. Noticing everyone stopping she added "Alone?" 

"No way" Sam intervened. "Sam. She's a teenage girl I can defend myself. Besides she's on our side now"

"So Seraphina, what can I help you with?" Daniel asked. Sera took a deep breath and explained "If a fight breaks out and my grandfather wishes to fight I want to doit. But I don't know how to beat him I've never trained in his style"

"Didn't he teach you?" Daniel asked surprised. Sera shook her head "It was my parents who enrolled me, after my mothers death and my fathers leaving I never did karate, well until recently"

"I'm sorry for you loss" Daniel sighed seeing the momentary grief on her face. She carried on "Robby told me that my grandfather taught you once. My favour is I would like it if you would teach me something he taught you, so that I have a chance against him if the time comes"

"Of course. I hope it doesn't, but knowing Silver it is more than likely"

He led her outside to the back of the Miyagi-Do dojo "Over the years, he developed a system of intensive short-term training for high stakes situations. It comes in two parts and has three rules." Daniel explained. 

"He called it "Quick Silver." Rule number one, a man can't stand, he can't fight." 

Daniel taught he multiple way in which to stop an opponent from being able to stand and sight. Once he was happy with her progress he moved onto "Rule number two of the Quick Silver method. A man can't breathe, he can't fight."

Showing her methods and pressure points that could impact the way that someone could breathe, on her first try she managed to wind Mr LaRusso so hard they had to take a 10 minute break. 

And finally "Rule number three. A man can't see, he can't fight." he demonstrated peoples blind spots and ways to disable someone sight momentarily by any means necessarily. 

After they'd finished Seraphina thanked him "I'm glad you have switched sides. I assume it was mainly Robby's convincing that you did so, but still I'm glad. You show good potential"

"Thank you" she bowed "Sensei"