Chapter 9

Weeks after training Prom week had come around, and before they knew it tonight was the night of Junior Prom. Kyler was clearly hyped just as practice started he told his friends "Guys, the limo is coming at six. So don't be late or else we're leaving." he smirked "'Cause my date and I, we on a mission."

"Oh my God. I bet she doesn't even exist.-" Tory exclaimed in disbelief. As if someone would willingly go with Kyler. 

Just then Robby and Kenny came through the front door. Robby. Sera had been trying to find the best way to bring up prom with him, sure she'd been asked to go by pretty much every boy in Cobra Kai but she wanted to go with Robby. 

Sometimes Sera felt like he knew, recently he had been avoiding her and when he couldn't avoid her there was this weird tension between them. The past week Robby had only been pairing with Kenny so Sera just paired with Tory. 

"Hey.-" Sera said walking over to Robby. Kenny gave  her a smile of acknowledgement before walking away, giving Robby a pointed look.  

"Hey." he responded looking at her. Suddenly Sera's confidence blew out the window. She gestured to Kyler and his gang "You're, uh You're gonna go?"

"To prom?" he asked. "Yeah, right. Let the rich kids have their stupid party." he scoffed. Swiftly he pointed out "I mean can you picture me in a tux?"

Sera and Robby let out an awkward laugh, suddenly Sera mustered up the courage "Oh, well actually I was going to see if-"

But oh to conveniently timed Silver and Kreese began practice. "All right, class. Fall in." Kreese ordered "Today's lesson is about balance."

Silver explained "But not the way Miyagi-Do teaches it. You're going to learn how to get inside the heads of your opponents and throw them off balance."

"Pair up." Kreese told hi students. Sera looked at Tory who just shook her head and signalled to Robby. Sera widened her eyes and mouthed "Seriously?"

Tory nodded mouthing "Yes" She turned and found Robby behind her, he awkwardly rubbed his neck "Hey want to partner up. Kenny left me for someone else today"

"Uh sure, funnily enough Tory did the same thing." Sera explained. Robby nodded and the two went to get two punching gloves. "So did you want to-" Robby gestured to the pads "Sure" Sera greed she put them on and Robby positioned himself ready to fight. 

After a minute or so of awkward silence Robby explained "You know, you should go. Crashing Miyagi-Do's big night would be a way to get your opponents off balance." he advised. 

"Not as much as if you showed up.-" Sera reminded him, it slipped out of her mouth suddenly and both stood for a moment.  Kreese yelled "Silver, Keene puck up the pace"

This snapped them out of their daze and Robby resumed punching "I'm not a student. They won't let me in." Sera shrugged "Maybe they would." she took a quick breath "If you went with me." he didn't pause his movements, instead they slowed. "Did you just ask me to prom?"

"Yeah. Maybe, I did." Sera agreed. Why was she so panicky?

Robby nodded "Right, tactical move." it almost sounded like he was reminding himself more than anything. Sera was a little desperate at this point "Sure a tactical move. This could also count as your outing with me. The its two birds with one stone." 

Robby still seemed hesitant "Well, it's such short notice. We'd have to get a ride. I still need a tux."

Silver came over having overheard their conversation "I think it's a great idea. And if you're going, you're obviously going in style."

After the lesson Silver gave his granddaughter his black AmEx card "Buy anything you want or need, okay just make sure it makes Cobra Kai look good. I'll sort out your ride"

"Thank you Grandfather" Sera thanked. Robby looked at the card, he almost seemed scared. "Are you sure Mr. Silver?"

He nodded with a hearty chuckle "Of course, nothing is too good for my granddaughter and my best student" 

For the rest of the day Robby and Sera went around some of the most expensive stores searching for the perfect suit for Robby, despite his protests. She also bought herself a dress, she didn't let Robby see it because she wanted it to be a surprise. When they'd finished Sera dropped Robby home and said that she didn't know when there ride would be coming so he should probably just meet her at the Silver's penthouse.