Chapter 8

Recently Kenny's bullies had started cyberbullying Kenny even more, going as far as embarrassing him publicly in school. "So they stole all your clothes?" Sera asked worriedly. Kenny's bullies were getting out of hand. 

Kenny's frustration was being taken out on the dummy, each hit was harder than the last "I can't take any more of their crap. I'm ready to use my training! -"

Worriedly Robby asked "What do you think you're gonna do? -" Kenny smirked "I'll do what you do. Kick their asses." he reminded him. 

Robby grabbed Kenny stopping his movements "I got kicked out of school and landed in juvie." Sera winced Robby never really wanted to bring up the school fight or his time in juvie unless it was serious "You gotta be smarter than me and your brother." he explained. 

Kenny groaned "Well, I gotta do something." Sera and Robby gave each other worried looks. 

"Class, fall in." Kreese yelled. Quickly the students all fell into line. Sera took her usual spot between Tory and Robby. "Today we have a very important lesson, don't we, Sensei Silver?" Kreese asked. 

"Yes, we do." Silver smirked. Sera couldn't help but wonder what they were planning. 

"Weakness." Silver stated "Your opponent's weakness must be exploited whenever possible. At the tournament, you'll have to recognize that weakness. And make no mistake, we all have one."

Tory stupidly pointed out "Sensei Kreese doesn't." Silver waved her off with a smile "Of course he does. We all do." Sera noticed the subtle shift in Kreese's demeanour at that little fact. 

"Today, your goal is to find your opponent's weakness and attack it. No points. You hit the mat, you lose." he explained briefly "You got it?" 

The class nodded all sitting around the edge of the mat "All right, prepare for combat.-" Silver ordered. "Care to make this interesting? -" Kreese asked. 

"What do you have in mind?" Silver inquired with a raised eyebrow. "Well, we each choose a fighter." Kreese explained with a smirk "Six pack of brews to the winner."

"I like it. May the best sensei win." Silver toasted. 

So far nearly half the dojo has fought each other, the latest fight was Kyler and some other kid. "Good work, Mr. Park." Silver congratulated. 

Bowing he accepted "Thank you, Sensei."

"Another one for me." he boasted. Noticing the sour look on Kreese's face he smirked offering "Double or nothing?"

"Okay." Kreese accepted. Searching through the students he made a selection "Mr. Keene.-" Robby got up and Sera smiled wishing him good luck. And good luck to the person he'd be facing. 

Silver assessed his students before picking "Miss. Silver" Sera's eyes widened in confusion but none the less she stood up. They took positions either side of the mat. They bowed to each other respectfully before taking their fighting stances. 

"Ais!" Kreese yelled out signalling the start of the fight. Robby struck first with a side kick but thankfully Sera was able to fluidly side step. She saw his leg raise and she ducked under his leg and he jumped and spun. 

He made to kick he stomach but she blocked countering with her own punch to which he dodged. Sera made the mistake of making her left side vulnerable and so Robby struck he with a high side kick. 

Robby caught her on a pressure point between her arm and shoulder blade. Robby hurriedly walked over and grabbed her carefully  "Whoa, whoa. Hey. Are you okay?" he asked, eyes full of worry. 

Before Sera could respond Kreese yelled "Back to your corners." Sera walked over to her grandfather "I don't know what to do. I've studied Robby's fighting style for months. Robby doesn't have a weakness."

He silenced her. "Seraphina, dear, you're thinking about this the wrong way." he looked at her, his eyes conveying a message that he refused to say out loud. "Everyone has a weakness."

Sera understood the challenge. She could hear Kreese telling Robby "Stop playing with her. Take her down."

"Yes, Sensei." Robby replied bowing. "Back on the mat." Kreese yelled. The two took their places once more bowing. They resumed their fighting stance, "Ais!" signalled the fight to continue. 

Sera winced in pain as she rolled her shoulder. His worried gaze flickered to her injury before flickering back to her face. He lunged forward to hit her stomach with a strike but she jumped back. Robby side kicked again catching her shoulder again. 

She cried out and he rushed over to her "Hey, S-Sera. I'm I'm sorry if" he bent towards her and caught the smug grin on her face, but it was too late. She dropped down and swept his legs out from underneath him. "Oh." he cried out as he hit the mat. 

Silver clapped for his granddaughters victory, "There. What did we learn?" he asked the class, "The common belief is you shouldn't care what other people think about you, right? Wrong. What your opponent is thinking is key. In war. In business. In a fight. Don't let your opponent think whatever they want. Make them think what you want them to think."

He looked to Robby and Sera for a demonstration "If they think you're weak, that's when you can surprise them with your strength." Silver smirked at Kreese "You owe me some brewskis, brother." As the two Sensei's walked away signalling everyone stood and began to get their stuff before leaving. 

Robby was still on the ground, his breath was shallow. "Hey Robby, sorry about that" Sera apologised offering a hand to help him up. He shook it off "I'm fine just caught me off guard that's all"

"Yeah I figured. But then again I did tell you I'd beat you in a fight one day" she smirked. "So you did" Robby remembered "So you get all the glory and gloating privileges now"

"Hmm" Sera pretended to think about it "How about I get bragging rights to say I beat the Robby Keene in a fight, but you also come out with me after practice one time?"

"Is Miss Seraphina Silver asking me out on a date?" he joked. Sera's face turned bright red "No, I'm offering for us to go out somewhere as friends as an apology for beating you ass so hard you couldn't get up for ages"

"It wasn't ages" he defended himself "But I accept your offer" Sera smiled "Great. See you at the place and time of my choice." she waved as she walked through the door "Bye Robby"

"Bye Sera" he smiled. How could a girl be so frustratingly perfect?