(Crazy ride)

(Crazy ride)

I let the hot water pour over my body and closed my eyes. I was contemplating what I had done.

I had surrendered to the vampire, and worst of all, I had fallen in love with him. I had fallen in love with our enemy.

I looked in the mirror, I looked at the traces of fangs on sensitive parts of my body, and at that moment, I felt the horror of what I had done. This would have dreadful consequences.

(A week ago)

I had a wonderful week with Jared at that place. In the early days, we used to go out for long walks in the woods while chatting.

He told me about his childhood and what Gerard was like. He was a naughty and quarrelsome child who was always getting him into trouble. He began to worry and said that he did not believe Gerard had any human feelings left inside him now. He had completely lost his soul.

"What about Jayden?" I asked.

He explained:

"Jayden is cruel and brutal, but he still retains a little bit of his humanity. He is very attached to his daughter Maya, and those are feelings."

As for me, I told him about the life in the farm and its residents, and their simple way of life, and about Sami and his stubbornness.

The weather was beautiful and cold, but I hated going out at night. I wished it were daytime; the visibility would be better, the weather would be warmer, the birds would be singing, and the animals would be roaming the forest. But there was nothing now except bats, insects, snakes, oh yes, and the vampire.

I tasted foods that I was not accustomed to-foods that were forbidden on the farm: chocolate, sweet cakes, ice cream, and luxurious items.

I was so indulged that Jared warned me:

"If you keep eating like this, you will turn into an elephant baby."

It was funny, but it didn't dampen my appetite.

I answered him, saying:

"I would rather turn into an elephant baby than into a vampire.".

After eating, he suggested that we watch a movie, saying:

"I know you love watching television. When you were young, cartoons made you forget your sadness and illness."

I replied:

"I was young, and it was the first time I saw a television. It was like magic."

In that house, he had a movie library and a big screen TV for viewing. He chose a movie, saying it was an action movie from the human era and assured me that I would like it. Indeed, I liked the movie and followed the events with interest, while he sat next to me. Suddenly, a naked and obscene scene appeared of the hero and his lover. I felt ashamed. How is it possible for people to do these obscene things in front of the cameras?

I kept myself busy eating popcorn while waiting for the scene to end. I think he noticed my nervousness so he said calmly:

"They're not really doing it... it's just an act."

"I hope so," I said to myself.

We spent many nights watching movies. We watched horror, and I was very afraid. Oh, in movies, there are terrifying and hideous creatures much worse than vampires.

We did not go out during the day, which made me miss the morning light.

One day after a beautiful sunrise, I watched the outdoors from the balcony while he was taking a shower. I wished to go out for a walk, play in the river, or simply watch the birds, but he most likely would not let me go out alone.