devilish charm

(devilish charm)

I

pondered at his full-of-irony smile while he said, trying to suppress his sarcastic laugh:

“Good? So this is the nickname you gave me?”

I think my mother was right when she said that there are no good vampires; they are all hideous demons. This situation proves she's right.

It was him, yes, it was him—the doctor who treated me when I was a little girl. He was the good doctor who comforted me when I was afraid. He is the one who promised me to take me back to my mother. He even promised me that no one would ever hurt me.

Will he be the one who hurts me?

Why does he look so different? Why does he look scary? The opposite of what he used to look like when I first met him?

He interrupted me:

"What are you thinking about?"

I looked at him in exasperation and then said:

"Why did you buy me?"

He reached out his hands and grabbed my face without introduction. A cold chill went through my spine, and a strange shiver ran through me as soon as he touched me. I froze and looked at his face.

"I chose you... I chose you to bear my children."

He said that without further ado, leaving me speechless.

I raised my eyebrows in shock and then said in disapproval:

“Mmm, what… that won’t happen, and you... you can’t force me?”

He looked at me for a moment in fascination, then said:

"I won't force you, but it will happen, and it better happen soon because I am impatient."

I was completely under his charm, looking at him absent-mindedly. He looked so charming as he stared at me so close to me.

He possesses an enchanting charm that resides in his blue eyes.

But I came back to my reality, understood what he said. So I said in actions, feeling disgusted by him.

I said in sarcasm:

"When did you decide to choose me? When I was seven?

Do you know how inappropriate, unnatural, and disgusting that is?

Is that why you were nice to me?

Did you decide that day that you want me??

I was just a child. Don't you have any morals in your vampire world?"

H

e removed his hands away from my face, then put them in his pockets. Then he said softly:

"No, Irene, of course I didn't think of you inappropriately when you were a kid! Or else you would have never gone back to your mother... You don't understand."

I quickly said:

"What am I not understanding?"

He said:

"It was impossible for you to go back to your mother if I hadn't bought you!

I promised you that you would go back to your mother and that no one would hurt you. No one approached you all that time because you were mine, Irene."

Oh, so what I was feeling was right. I was fine because of his promise.

I remained silent for a moment, then said sarcastically:

“Why now? Why did you wait ten years to take your possessions?”

He said:

"Actually, I kinda forgot about you!

But many vampires wanted to buy you from me after you reached puberty. You can't go unnoticed, Irene. In addition to your rare blood type, you are breathtaking.

The farm administration kept calling me on a weekly basis; they were trying to get you back.

Oh, but when I saw this sweet beauty of yours, I couldn't blame them.

You have grown into a very beautiful woman, Irene.”

I looked at the ground shyly, but his words still disgusted me. He saved me, but he wants me in return to carry his children. What rescue?

I am one of his possessions now; he can do with me whatever he pleases. I don't think I can stop him. He distorted his memory by asking for this. I don't even know if I have the right to abstain.

I remained silent and stood quietly in my place, avoiding looking at him.

I noticed him bending over and picking up the book that I had dropped to the ground, turning the book in his hands. Then he said:

"Why Rollo Raaginar?"

I hesitated before answering him. I do not know if I should trust him, but I decided to lie and evade, so I said:

"I don't know; I liked the cover!"

He smiled and then walked up to me and grabbed a lock of my hair. Then he said in a calm tone:

"You can take whatever you want from the library."

He put the book in my hands and then left the room with a small sly smile on his lips.

I hugged the book tightly and remembered what my mother used to say:

"There are no good vampires; they are all hideous demons."

So is he a hideous demon?

Should I be thankful for him?

No, I will never submit to a vampire, even if it was him. These creatures have tormented us the most; they were the cause of our suffering and even the reason for my mother's suicide.

We are inferior creatures; this is how they see us, this is how they treat us.

They are our enemies, and I will never submit to them, and certainly, I will not have his children. I will never bring into this world any more of them.

Suddenly, I remembered something.... I remembered a piece of information I had previously heard,

Vampires are sterile and do not reproduce either males or females?

So what did he mean?

Is he another new kind I've never heard of?

Or am I wrong, and what I heard is false?,

I'm going to ask Lukeria. Surely, she knows. This guy is weird; even though he's a vampire, he seems nice. Did he really want to protect me? And that's why he bought me?

Is he really going to keep his promise and never let anyone hurt me? Or will he be the cause of my suffering?