thirsty for blood

(thirsty for blood)

I went back to my room, still confused, my head filled with many questions.

My head was about to explode from insomnia and headache.

I put the book over the nightstand, then I placed my worried head over the pillow, closed my eyes to enter into a deep sweet sleep that lasted until morning.

I opened my eyes and sat down in a hurry, looking around in panic, not knowing what time it is or how long I've slept.

The room was so dark. Heavy curtains covered the windows, blocking the sunlight.

I got out of bed, walked to the window, pulled the curtains up, and what a wonderful sight it was—so quiet, so beautiful. It was the world, the world that they took from us.

I took a deep breath and then exhaled.

I don't know if going out is allowed here, or am I a prisoner in this house as well?

I remembered Lukeria and the girls. She said that she'd be here early.

Maybe she's here already?

I went out of my room still wearing my almost nude nightgown, looking for Lukeria, hoping she's here.

The house was so empty, so very dark even though we were in broad daylight, it was so dark because of those heavy curtains that block the light. Oh yes, the sunlight burns vampires. The sunlight hurts them.

Good, I may use the sun as a weapon one day.

I went into the kitchen and was surprised by his presence and even disgusted by what I saw.

He was standing in the kitchen holding an elegant glass bottle filled with red liquid. Yes, it is blood... my people's blood.

He turned his face away from me as soon as he saw me, then he emptied what was inside that glass into his mouth.

I gathered my courage and went into the kitchen, I noticed a difference in his facial features. The veins under his eyes were eerily prominent and clear, and his eyes had turned bloody red.

I took a step back and shivered when he spoke.

"Don't you greet each other on the farm?
(added sarcastically)
Hello, good morning... etc?"

I quickly said:

"Of course, we greet each other. We are not animals, as you think or as you try to make us be!"

He looked at me, and his features were back to the way they were. Then he said:

"You look like a smart and rebellious girl, aren't you?"

I was astonished by his response, which changed the focus of the conversation. Seems like he does not want to hear about the crimes that occur on the farm, the crimes committed by his kind.

I decided to change the conversation as well and make it revolve around him.

I said: