nocturnal creatures

(nocturnal creatures)

Lukeria finally brought me some clothes to replace this revealing nightgown.

I wore a black dress that was soft and silky with long sleeves; it was elegant, and I loved it. Then I let my long wavy hair fall freely.

I didn't wear any of the cosmetics that Lukeria taught me except lipstick. Afterward, I went to the kitchen where Lukeria was making breakfast, and I was starving.

I sat at the table, and Lita joined me. I didn't look at her; I think I hate her, and I don't know why and how this feeling grew so fast.

When you hate someone, you need reasons, not just any reasons; you need strong reasons.

She sat across from me and said:

"You look like a widow in that dress; you won't impress the master."

I looked up at her face and replied:

"Screw your master; the last thing I think of is impressing your master."

She said indifferently while busy eating her breakfast:

"It's unfortunate; Mr. Breynt is generous and kind. At least he's not ugly; he's handsome, very handsome. Oh, and good in bed... Oh, sorry, I forgot you're a shy virgin. But you have to be prepared; I can help you and advise you if you wish, for I know what Mr. Breynt likes and prefers in a woman."

I quickly and sarcastically responded:

"And since when did you start loving him?"

Lita was silent, looked at me for a moment, then got up from the chair and said in a whisper:

"It doesn't matter; he chose you."

This girl loves him, and she wants me to know that.

Next time I'll tell her not to worry; I never intend to fall in love with a vampire. I'll never fall in love with one of our enemies, even if it's him.

Lukeria joined me, then she said:

"Have a good breakfast."

I realized she had put beet juice in front of me. It is the juice that the farm residents drink to increase blood and get rid of anemia.

Why did she bring it to me? Is he going to start feeding on me?

I looked at her and said with a frown:

"Why beet juice? I don't like it."

She said with a smile:

"Honey, you're staying in a vampire's house with a vampire; you should love it."

She pushes me the cup after giving me this terrifying, disturbing answer.

Lukeria knows him better; she understands vampires much more than I do. Will I become food for him and a vessel to bear his children?

Oh my God, my worst fears have come true.

Lukeria interrupted my thoughts, saying:

"You look so worried, dear. Don't let sadness overwhelm your beautiful face. I've known Mr. Breynt for a long time. He's not as bad as you think. He still keeps a bit of his humanity; he's so much better than the filthy vampires we deal with every night."

I looked at her, then I said in embarrassment:

"He wants me to bear his children?"

Lukeria smiled and then said with reassurance:

"Good, that means he won't hurt you, and he won't let anyone hurt you. It's in your best interest, dear. Accept it. You don't want to find yourself in a human whore's house where the scum of vampires feed on you and empty their animal lusts, until you end up killed by one of them."

I said shyly:

"But how... I don't understand. I heard that vampires can't reproduce?"

Lukeria explained:

"Yes, that's true, but to preserve their bloodline from extinction, they save and freeze their sperm before turning into vampires. They keep it until they find the right human females to bear them. You are sure that you are special, and that is why the master chose you to be the mother of his children."

I said with determination:

"I will never be the mother of his children. I will never bow down and submit to them like you and Lita. These people are our enemies."

Lukeria took my hand tenderly and said:

"We are weak women; our only weapon is our femininity, so use it and use your mind to stay alive."

It is unfortunate that she may be right. There is no way to escape. I am weak, I feel weak, threatened, and lost more than ever.

Maybe Lukeria is right; I shall use my brain and take advantage of this situation to survive. He is not that bad, at least not yet, but the idea of ​​carrying his children and bringing more of them into this world worries me. I'm still young, not yet nineteen, not ready to have children and take care of them, at least that's what I feel.

I spent the rest of my day listening to Lukeria and her teachings. She was trying to make me classy, and I didn't understand why. She taught me how to eat with a fork and knife and to behave politely and gently.

While Lita remained sullen, angry, and silent, I think she hates me because he chose me. She doesn't know that I wish he had chosen her instead of me. I wish he'd let me live on the farm to take care of Sami and slowly die there.

In the evening, Lukeria and Lita left the house, leaving me alone in this large, lonely house. I knew he was still here; he hadn't come out since he went to his room this morning. They don't go out during the day for fear of the sun; their whole life begins at night. They are nocturnal creatures.

On my way to my room, thinking of reading that book, I heard a voice coming from his room. It was the sound of beautiful and sweet music. I stood there for a moment, listening to it. Then I remembered his abilities and that he might sense me.

Before I could run to my room, he opened the door suddenly. He was wearing nothing but long gray pants, his hair wet and stuck to his neck as if he had come out of the shower a moment ago.

He said, "You've been standing here for over a minute. Do you need anything?" I stuttered, trying to avoid looking at his naked body. "Ha-ha-ha-not it's a... it's the music that intrigued me."

He quickly said, "Really? Why don't you come in to hear it more clearly?" and gestured for me to enter. I was afraid, but I didn't want to show my fear. To tell you the truth, I was curious.

So I entered the spider's web like a foolish fly. The room was big, pretty, but too warm. Oh, I forgot to tell you that vampires are cold-blooded. The average temperature for a vampire is 95.5°F (35°C).

Everything was a mix of white, gray, and black, perfectly tidy and clean. He raised the volume of the music and said, "I've always loved this piece. Tell me, Irene, were you allowed to listen to music on the farm?" I was still ashamed and couldn't even look at him because of his nakedness.

I said calmly, "We didn't have all these instruments that you have, but there were some young men playing music and singing sometimes." He said, "Well, at least you guys can party."

I gathered my courage and looked at him, saying, "Are you satisfied with what is happening to human beings by the hands of your kind?" He walked away from me, taking something out of the closet, and said, "Believe me, what happens to humans is much better for them. We can never coexist."

I asked hesitantly, "Why can't vampires control their nature?" I noticed he had taken out the white doctor's uniform, then he looked at me and said, "Have you forgotten our conversation about the loss of feelings and humanity? Humans will never be safe with us."

I asked hesitantly, "Am I safe with you? I've been here for two days now, and I didn't see that you lost control?" He smiled and said as he approached me slowly, "No, you are not safe. Every cell in my body wants you now."

I looked at him gaping at me. Then I remembered at that moment what my mother used to say: "They are all hideous demons."demons."