my brother

I woke up at four o'clock in the evening.
It seemed that I had become
accustomed to the vampire lifestyle.
I'm used to the nightlife now. I stayed in bed for about an hour, thinking about the conversation we had last night. I
never imagined that one day I would
turn into a vampire.

He said that I would have children, then the feeling of motherhood would overwhelm me. Then I would want to
stay with them forever, but nothing, not even any feeling, would make me
accept being a vampire. I hate them.
Yes, I hate them. My mother committed
suicide because of the system they
forced us to live in, not to mention the
treatment of slaves that we receive. I
will not allow these fools to brainwash me.

I spent a long time in bed thinking about the children I would give birth to this monster, what their lives would be like, and how we would deal with this curse. He obviously wants to make them vampires when they grow up.

I felt that these disturbing thoughts turned me into an old woman, so I got out of bed and was surprised that Lukeria had not appeared yet. Perhaps work was stressful last night, so she did not come today, or something bad had happened to her. This is all I should expect, since we live in a world full of monsters.

I showered, changed into black pants and a green shirt, I let my hair down. After finishing all this, the sun was about to set, so I planted a kiss on the vessel containing my mother's remains before leaving my room. I was Feeling hungry, so I went to the kitchen and started preparing food. It was the first time I had to make something in this damn kitchen. I miss Lukeria.

I was not accustomed to dealing with all these devices, not even this food. suddenly he entered without saying anything, not even hello or good morning. The atmosphere seemed tense between us after our conversation yesterday.

I wanted to appear normal as I put leftovers from yesterday's dinner in the microwave, then I tried to turn it on just like Lukeria taught me, but it didn't work. I tried and tried. Then I realized that he noticed that... damn, I don't want to seem ignorant.

He approached quietly and then connected the plug to the electrical outlet. I noticed a sarcastic smile spreading across his lips, then he spoke and said:

"Oh, by the way, Lukeria is coming to live here. I rented her for a whole year."

"You rented her?"

How I hate the way they talk and how they look down on us. I didn't say anything and continued my work quietly, even though I wanted to ask him about Sami to know for sure if he would really let me see him.

I noticed that he was wearing his work uniform, which means he'll leave, and maybe I'll be alone tonight. What a miserable life.

Immediately after he left, Lukeria arrived alone with her luggage. I was glad she came; at least I won't be alone in the company of a vampire. Perhaps loneliness is what drives me to argue with him and exchange conversations
with him.

I was helping Lukeria unpack when suddenly the phone rang.
The house phone. Lukeria got up and answered. I heard her say:

"Okay, Mr. Breynt, I'll be waiting for them."

I turned to her as soon as she finished the call:

"Who are they? Are we expecting guests?"

She answered: