again with sami 16

(With Sami again)

"Hey, I'm Sami Leone again.

Today, I will share the events of this chapter. I apologize in advance if I am going to bore you. I know that many of you want to know what is happening in the life of my younger sister, Irene, whom I no longer know much about. She is being held captive in the house of some vampire bastard. This is all I know for now. I have set my sights on the mission of saving her.

I woke up on that disgustingly hot day to the sound of knocks on my door. I got up to open the door, and there was Aunt Jade. Aunt Jade was a woman in her early sixties. She was wise and strong; she also treats simple ailments. She was like a second mother to Irene and me. Her presence was always reassuring, but today, her expression was different, filled with a mix of concern and determination.

She came in, bringing carrot and tomato soup as a cover. But in fact, she brought me more Fahalla seeds, the herb that we succeeded in convincing most of the farm's residents to cultivate in complete secrecy."

"Behind toilets, bathtubs, and among plants, we now have a fair amount of this herb, which poisons vampires and paralyzes them before stopping their hearts. But it does not kill them; just a few drops of blood in the vampire's mouth may bring him back to life. That's why we'll kill every vampire after poisoning them, and little by little, we will rid the world of them. But first, we have to get out of here.

Aunt Jade said:

"So, Sami, do you think the time is right?"

I said:

"We have a large amount of the herb now, but the time has not come yet!"

She said:

"What are you waiting for, my son?"

I said absently:

"The time is right. The guard told me that their kingdom is facing a war with some vampire rebels. Let them fight among themselves for a while before our turn comes!"

She said:

"Well, you are wise, and you are the leader of this revolution, and you know better than me."

Her words rang inside my head: "You are the leader of this revolution." Damn, this means that the hopes of humanity rest on my shoulders. What a heavy burden.

After Aunt Jade left, I went into the bathroom and dug behind the toilet, then put in the new seeds and harvested the old ones, then I hid it in a hole covered by a piece of ceramic in the bathroom.

Before I went out, I put a few seeds inside a slit in my worn-out shoe that I wanted to plant later in the field.

Then I went to the blood center. After they drew the amount of blood they wanted from me.

I went to the talkative guard, Mansal.

I said first:

"Do you carry cigars?"

He turned to me with his funny black mask and said:

"Get out of my face, human. You know that this is forbidden and that I will get into trouble if they discover nicotine in your blood."