the hug

(the hug)

e smiled and said as he approached me slowly:

"No, you are not safe, every cell in my body wants you now."

I was looking at him, gaping at me.

Then I remembered at that moment what my mother used to say:

"They are all hideous demons."

I froze in my place like a corpse; I felt as if I could not move.

I watched him approach me until he grabbed my arm and said softly:

"I'm dying to taste you, but don't be afraid; I won't hurt you. I'm a doctor, and I'm used to controlling my cravings."

I looked up at him and said tremblingly:

"What do you want from me?"

He sighed and then said:

"I told you, you're going to have my children."

I asked hesitantly:

"I don't understand why me? Why did you buy me? Why did you bring me here now?"

He turned his bare back to me and then said in a sharp tone:

"I was just turned into a vampire when they brought you to the hospital. I still had all my human feelings when I saw you crying, just a frightened little girl. I felt pity for your condition. Later, I heard that they wanted to sell you to a lady. Then I heard you crying and making a fuss asking to go back to your mother.

After meeting you, I decided that I would buy you just so you can return to your mother. I was not thinking of anything else but to return you to your mother. But you grew up and became a beautiful young lady; many offers came to me. They wanted to buy you from me. I was ignoring them until I heard the news of your mother's death. Then I saw you and couldn't believe my eyes. I understood why they wanted to buy you so bad. I decided that you are the one who will bear my children. You are suitable, and also, you are already mine.

I remained silent for a moment. I was confused. Should I thank him? Thanks to him, I stayed with my mother. But I didn't. I didn't thank him; I didn't show any gratitude. Instead, I said in sarcasm:

"And now you want me to repay you?"

He coldly said, without looking at me:

"When will you be ready?"

I was surprised by his question and by this cold tone. After an awkward silence, I said in a sad, broken tone:

"It seems I have no choice, so choose the time that suits you."

He shook his head, then said:

"Good, it will happen soon, and it will be in your best interest. I wouldn't dare touch you or hurt you, knowing that you are carrying my child."

I said:

"I thought you said a little while ago that you could control your cravings?"

He turned to me and said, nodding his head:

"Yes, I said, but I don't promise you anything."

I was silent for a moment, then after hesitation, I said:

"How will our relationship be, I mean, after I have children,
how many children do you want?"

He said:

"I haven't decided yet what to do with you after your turn ends!"

I felt angry. He talks to me as a master talks to his servant. I felt my true place here.