the fate 2

(The fate 2)

It has been a quiet week since that incident, after I found out the hideous truth about the farm.

A slow, scary week filled with nightmares.

I see them in my dreams. Every time I close my eyes or turn to a dark corner, I see the masked men.

I don't know what they look like beneath those masks. Do they look like us?

Or are they too ugly, and that's why they hide their faces beneath those masks?

I wandered into a part of the farm where we weren't allowed to enter. The door was locked, or so it seemed. However, curiosity got the best of me, and I wanted to know what was going on inside so badly. I opened the door and crept inside cautiously.

Hmm, a long hallway that smelled like detergents.

I walked carefully until I entered a room. The room had a big glass window, and I lifted my toes to sneak a peek through it.

There it was, the ugliest sight ever. I'll never forget this. A group of men and women were sitting on seats with needles connected to them, extracting their blood.

My eyes widened with dismay when I paid attention to a man, one of the masked men, supervising the crime.

I ran out crying.

This is going to be my destiny, my fate, and my brother's fate too.

That's what happens to my poor mother and the farm people every day.

In that moment, I grew up and bid farewell to my miserable childhood.

Now, I think a lot about what may happen to us.

I now understand why we drink tomato juice and beet juice so much and the reason for this strict health system.

Ah, I looked up at the sky, and at that moment, I thought about the outside world for the first time.

I closed my eyes and imagined it,

I imagined it dark and scary, just like the masked men, dark and hideous just like them.

Suddenly, I felt sick. I fainted.

I woke up to my mother's voice. She was screaming and crying:

"My daughter, give her back to me, I'll take care of her.... I swear."

I'm in a car?

And the car is moving.

I saw my mother fall to the ground crying, so I cried at the top of my voice:

"Mom, no, no..... I want my mom."

The driver turned to me and signaled me to shut up. He was one of them. He was one of the masked ones.