Chapter 4

"It's nice to see you again, Mr. Pierce," Stefan said from the front door, his gear strapped into his belt and his clothing all black.

"I'm glad you could make it kid," my father said, shaking Stefan's hand.

I stood at the wall, leaning against it with my arms crossed, my eyes squinted towards him at the door, his stupid smile on his face.

I felt my blood boil when his eyes shifted to mine, a hint of amusement flickering inside them.

"Elena," he said cooly, "I hope you're ready for this mission."

I rolled my eyes, pushing myself off of the wall, "of course I'm ready, this mission was meant for me," I spat out. "Just don't be in my fucking way."

"Elena, be nice." My father said harshly, pulling me towards him by my shoulder and  wrapping his arm around me.

"Don't mind my daughter, she's in a bad mood," he said.

I watched as Stefan's smile grew wider, his eyes fully trained on me as my father pulled me closer.

"No worries, sir. I'm sure we'll have fun
tonight."

My dad chuckled, giving me a kiss on the head, "I know you both will, don't mess this up." He said, adding the hint at the end of his sentence.

"Dad, we won't fail you." I told him.

"I know you won't, and don't forget dinner
tomorrow," he smiled, shaking Stefan's hand once more.

"I wouldn't miss it," Stefan said, opening up the door. "Ready?" He asked.

I didn't answer by kissing my father on the cheek, securing the gun in place.

I followed him out the door, and towards the car that awaited us.

The ride was silent. Stefan was on the drivers side, one hand on the console and the other on the wheel.

"Can you slow down," I snapped.

He gripped the steering wheel, his nostrils flaring as he glanced over at me.

"Can you shut the fuck up?"

I fully turned toward him, my anger fuming at his words.

"You know what? I never wanted this, I could have done this mission by myself."

"You think I want to be here too?" He scoffed. "You think I want to spend the night with a whiny bitch?"

"You fucking-" I didn't finish when the tire blew, the car rumbling as Stefan brought it to the side of the road.

"Fuck!" He shouted, slamming his hands down on the wheel.

"What did you do?" I asked, checking my phone to see no cell service. "Shit," I whispered. "No service."

"This wasn't my fault," he snapped out. "It was a stupid fucking trap."

He opened the car door, stepping out into the nights air.

"Fuck!" I heard him say again, and I got out of the car, going to where he stood by the blown tire.

I looked around us, and all I could see was trees, and the night sky ahead of us.

I watched as Stefan went to the trunk, searching through the gear.

I jolted when he slammed it closed, his hands slamming against the door.

He stormed back to me, his eyes blaring into mine as he said his next words.

"There's no spare tire," he fumed. "We're stuck."

"So what do we do now?" I asked, backing up into the car behind me as he advanced towards me.

"I don't know, but we wouldn't be in this situation if it weren't for your fucking mouth."

"Don't blame this on me," I gritted out, my back completely hitting the car, and his body right in front of me.

"If you were to keep your eyes on the fucking road, we wouldn't be here." I continued on.

His hands went to the car behind me, caging me in.

"It's going to be you that tells this to your father, you're going to take the blame."

"Me! This was your doing!" I breathed out, his face inching closer to mine.

His mouth went to my ear, his breath sending chills down my spine.

"I'm going to fucking kill you, right here and right now. And I'll bury you in these woods," he whispered. "Where no one will be able to hear your screams."

I sucked in a short breath of air, my eyes clashing against his as he brought his head back.

He smirked, watching my face burn with anger.

"Go fuck yourself," I said, shoving him off of me.

"We'll need to walk through the woods, the warehouse is on the other side." He said after a moment.

"We're going to walk through the woods?" I asked, pushing myself off the car.

He smiled, looking down at me. "Get ready princess, we got a long night ahead of us."