Chapter 13

What the fuck?

I looked down, pulling the warm covers off my body to look at myself.

My eyes widened when I saw I only had a large shirt on, the grey material sticking to my skin once I put the blanket back on top.

I turned back towards Stefan, his breath moving the piece of his messy used to be hero hair from his forehead.

I reached my hand out, and then pulled it back. My body yearning for his touch.

I looked at his bare are, there was a rose tattoo on his right shoulder.

This time I allowed my hand to reach out and touch him, tracing the dark ink of the rose.

I hate him so fucking much.

I was so mad at him, for everything he's done to me. But I can't seem to pull away, and I softly moved my fingers around the dark image.

I don't know how long I sat there, tracing his rose tattoo, but it had to be a while.

And when I looked at his face again, his eyes were open, watching me as I touched him.

"Oh-" I said startled. "Sorry." I muttered, pulling my hand away.

He didn't say anything when he grabbed my hand, putting it back on his shoulder and closing his eyes.

I paused for a moment, confusion hitting me quickly. But then I started to trace the tattoo
again as he fell back asleep once more.

I watched as his mouth started to part, obvious signs he was going into a deep sleep.

And I couldn't help but think this was the most peaceful moment we have had. No fights, no arguing, no trying to kill each other.

It was nice.

***********************************

"I don't understand," I said quietly, grabbing the cup of coffee Stefan placed down for me.

"It's simple, Elena." Stefan rolled his eyes, "we have to do everything together, even sleep in the same bed."

"No one's here, I don't see the need to," I said, taking a sip from the mug.

He sighed, gripping the counter as he stared at me, "trust me, I don't either." He muttered out.

He looked at the clock and then grabbed his suit jacket, placing his cup in the sink.

"I'm leaving," he said shortly, walking towards the front door and shutting it harshly.

"Okay," I muttered, jumping down from the
stool and placing my finished cup in the sink.

I looked back, and stared at the empty house, the furniture feeling foreign to me as I stared
around.

I sighed, pulling my hair back in a ponytail
and walked down the hallway.

I decided today was going to be a day of
checking out the house.

The house Stefan and I owned.

I shivered at the thought. No one was here
besides up, no one lived here besides us.

I went inside the first room, noticing it was
a guest room.

A perfect place I could sleep.

I walked over to the other rooms, and they
either consisted of bedrooms or storage
rooms.

I found a few that were game rooms or movie rooms, but the rest were all the same.

Until I came across one, opening it to see
that it was an office.

I smiled as I walked over, noticing the scattered papers on the desk.

"If he's not going to tell me anything, I might as well find out myself," I said, my voice echoing through the lonely room.

I searched through every drawer and every cupboard, finding nothing.

I shut the last drawer harshly, frustration on my features as I walked out of the room.

"That was uneventful," I whispered to myself, making my way back towards the main
bedroom.

A master bathroom was connected to the room, and I quickly turned on the shower and
undressed.

The water was warm when I went in, the glass fogging up quickly as I washed my hair.

I grabbed the towel and stepped out, noticing the brush that was in the drawer and used it to
comb through my hair.

I got changed into more comfy clothes and turned on the tv, the day passing by quickly as I laid there.

And when I yawned, I shut it off, pulling the blanket closer and snuggling into the pillow.

I went in and out of sleep, and when I was just about to drift off, I didn't miss the dip in the bed, and the arm that briefly touched mine.